• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly

World Cup 2018

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Some people believe the earth to be flat, some that unicorns and fairies exist. Others believe in deities, and some think how the stars align has a bearing on one's life. Delusions come in many forms.

1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yep, some people might even believe that Boris Johnson never tells a lie too I s'pose.

You two are made for each other 🙄

46 minutes ago, JaneB said:

You two are made for each other 🙄

Be quiet! My wife might read this!

JaneB   
12 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Be quiet! My wife might read this!

Oh ok, sorry!  Don't strike me as the hen pecked type PR 😉

kev61   
5 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Do you actually believe that or is this a wind-up?

Seems like David Ickes disciples are spreading the news!.

kev61   
9 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

...or, he plays for a club team that has never won anything. We half filled our England team with Spurs players who can't hold their nerve to win an FA cup and then expect them to hold their nerve to win the the World Cup. Can anyone remember how the Spurs players performed in the Euros 2 years ago....I'll remind you ...they were extra shite. There's a reason why Modric left Spurs. It's because he wanted to become a world class player and win things, and away from Spurs that's what happened . He is now dripping in medals and may now soon have the biggest one of all.

I heard the difference this England team were doing so well was because of the Yorkshire contingent! - I love Yorkshire it reminds me of Ireland and the people....but please!.

chara   

Does anyone else think the third place playoff is a waste of time/

It's hard to remember the losing finalists and I challenge anyone to give us third place spots from the past..nobody cares about the losing finalists except their followers.

From modest experience I can tell you losing a final is bad but losing a semi is shattering and I'm sure all involved in tomorrows game would rather be on their way home and on holiday.

My fear is someone in "High Places" might consider it a good idea and apply it to the FA Cup et al.

A last thought for the WC...maybe every 5 or 6 years would be better..thoughts?

23 minutes ago, chara said:

Does anyone else think the third place playoff is a waste of time/

It's hard to remember the losing finalists and I challenge anyone to give us third place spots from the past..nobody cares about the losing finalists except their followers.

From modest experience I can tell you losing a final is bad but losing a semi is shattering and I'm sure all involved in tomorrows game would rather be on their way home and on holiday.

My fear is someone in "High Places" might consider it a good idea and apply it to the FA Cup et al.

A last thought for the WC...maybe every 5 or 6 years would be better..thoughts?

It's done for the sake of rankings, I believe... but yes, a rather pointless exercise given both sides are likely to field weakened teams.

11 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

It's done for the sake of rankings, I believe... but yes, a rather pointless exercise given both sides are likely to field weakened teams.

Maybe we'll see RLC then if that's the case .

Southgate has said he's not going to make many changes.

It's a shame as it like to see everyone that hasn't played get a game. 

chara   
9 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Southgate has said he's not going to make many changes.

It's a shame as it like to see everyone that hasn't played get a game. 

True to his word...no changes..just different names on the shirts...and a few that got on the pitches didn't play!!

In sadness more than anything.