• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly

World Cup 2018

On 7/12/2018 at 8:10 PM, PeteRobbo said:

To be fair there is one very good reason why so many Spurs players are a part of the England set-up, which is that they do have a large number of English qualified players in their PL team and squad. We don't and neither do City or Arsenal I think.

Well we have one that plays for Palace (and 2 that sit on the bench) but I take your point. In fact I more than take it. I'm hoping Sarri gives 'home growns' a chance.

Well done Giroud and Kante. World cup winners if you please. Not sure Morata has any credentials over Giroud now.

22 hours ago, Jasonb said:

Don't worry Jane, I have been called a lot of unpleasant things before so am not offended, life is too short.

I don't believe you were called anything at all in fact.

17 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Well we have one that plays for Palace (and 2 that sit on the bench) but I take your point. In fact I more than take it. I'm hoping Sarri gives 'home growns' a chance.

Well done Giroud and Kante. World cup winners if you please. Not sure Morata has any credentials over Giroud now.

Yes, absolutely Nobly, although, during that final, I had a thought that I'd never imagined I would ever have, the thought that Kante was having a really poor game and then, lo and behold, he's was subbed!

5 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yes, absolutely Nobly, although, during that final, I had a thought that I'd never imagined I would ever have, the thought that Kante was having a really poor game and then, lo and behold, he's was subbed!

Stomach upset before the game, but they still took a chance on him - as you would on Kante.

Ham   
7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Stomach upset before the game, but they still took a chance on him - as you would on Kante.

As opposed to the English Spurs contingent (Trippier aside) who once again just didn't have the stomach when it really mattered. Bottlers almost to a man.

Unless you buy the Sir Harry Kane BS and ignore 3 penalties and one accidentally in off his heel out of 6 to win the golden welly by default. 

I'll say one thing for Drinkwater over their lot.

He's won something. 

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

As opposed to the English Spurs contingent (Trippier aside) who once again just didn't have the stomach when it really mattered. Bottlers almost to a man.

Unless you buy the Sir Harry Kane BS and ignore 3 penalties and one accidentally in off his heel out of 6 to win the golden welly by default. 

I'll say one thing for Drinkwater over their lot.

He's won something. 

Quite. And most of Sir Harry Kane's goal were against the football giants of Panama. At least Ronaldos hat trick was against Spain. 

You can be sure that if Harry Kane had scored the goal that won England the WC , Spurs would have said it was all down to them. Likewise we can now say it was Spurs that bottled it when a final was within touching distance.