• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly

World Cup 2018

Jasonb   
10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Watched a little - a 10 min spell by RLC that was really quite good - that is two 10 min spells I have seen from him now. Progress I suppose.

RLC did well in his cameo role in fact important for the winning goal. Would have liked to have seen him 10 mins earlier.

Ham   

Rashford and RLC may well be starting the next one now.  

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

Rashford and RLC may well be starting the next one now.  

I think they should too . 

11 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Watched a little - a 10 min spell by RLC that was really quite good - that is two 10 min spells I have seen from him now. Progress I suppose.

I'm a RLC sceptic, perhaps for longer than is fair because I watch very little Crystal Palace, but in his last two England appearances I have been struck by how well he is standing up and shrugging challenges off, and how much better he has got at shielding the ball by putting his body between it and the opposition. He looks to me to have figured out how to use his frame in senior football. I think he needs to be here next season; he looks ready to at least have a crack at contributing and TBH if he isn't going to be used it is probably time for him to be looking elsewhere.

Sea foot   
1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

I'm a RLC sceptic, perhaps for longer than is fair because I watch very little Crystal Palace, but in his last two England appearances I have been struck by how well he is standing up and shrugging challenges off, and how much better he has got at shielding the ball by putting his body between it and the opposition. He looks to me to have figured out how to use his frame in senior football. I think he needs to be here next season; he looks ready to at least have a crack at contributing and TBH if he isn't going to be used it is probably time for him to be looking elsewhere.

Agree. I've not been a fan of his so far but he does seem to have taken the next step in his development. I would like to see him get a start and see how he copes with the spotlight on him. I think this year is his make or break season.

I think the only criticism I have of him is he does occasionally zone out and isn't on his toes as quickly as he could be , other than that he seems worth a try to say the least.

30 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

I have been struck by how well he is standing up and shrugging challenges off, and how much better he has got at shielding the ball by putting his body between it and the opposition. He looks to me to have figured out how to use his frame in senior football.

I think this is a big problem for our players coming through the youth system.  Even worse was Solanke, a giant CF.  I suspect it comes from the protection they get from refs in the junior game.  Especially since the big exception seems to be Ampadu, who would have learnt how to handle himself very quickly playing for and training with Exeter.
Football wise, RLC needed a loan much earlier.

33 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Agree. I've not been a fan of his so far but he does seem to have taken the next step in his development. I would like to see him get a start and see how he copes with the spotlight on him. I think this year is his make or break season.

Well yes.  Which begs the question, would it be good for him to stay at Chelsea this year or go back out on loan.
I'd like to send him on loan, but I fear we will be 3 AMs short.   Barkley, Pedro, Hazard, Willian, of which one might never be fit, and at least one may leave.

Sea foot   
52 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well yes.  Which begs the question, would it be good for him to stay at Chelsea this year or go back out on loan.
I'd like to send him on loan, but I fear we will be 3 AMs short.   Barkley, Pedro, Hazard, Willian, of which one might never be fit, and at least one may leave.

Hard to say without knowing what is going to happen on the transfer front. As it looks at the moment with no sign of anyone coming in and possibly Willian going I would think that he has a good shot at getting regular minutes here but if we get some decent signings then a good premier league loan would be better before seeing about next year.

I'm hoping and expecting RLC to have a great WC. To be fair he's never going to get past Bakayoko into our first team so fingers crossed Palace make us an offer of 20 mill . Maria will snap their hands off so happy days!

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Which begs the question, would it be good for him to stay at Chelsea this year or go back out on loan.

I've no doubt we will either sell him or loan him out to someone like Burnley to 'learn his trade'. 

Just a question that I'm not sure I know the answer to, but is their ANY other England player who getting picked for the first team (or on that cusp) that is on loan to another team from their domestic club? Only at Chelsea I suspect.