• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly

World Cup 2018

Leo91   

RLC, first team squad player 18/19. Don't even need to think about it. 

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

All I am suggesting is that he is like a lot of players - who "needs an 'arm around his shoulder.'  "

He's not though. He is our big academy hope,  he's playing for England in the WC and looking the part. He should be wearing a blue Chelsea shirt not a Crystal palace one...how is that even an argument?

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

He's not though. He is our big academy hope,  he's playing for England in the WC and looking the part. He should be wearing a blue Chelsea shirt not a Crystal palace one...how is that even an argument?

It surely can't be. 

If RLC isn't here and playing next season one has to wonder what we are doing. I'd say it was criminal to loan him out last season (if he had stayed we could have played a 343 all season and been done with that ludicrous 532 experiment). 

But as is always the case with Conte here at Chelsea, he doesn't use his squad. So it's hard to have a squad. 

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

Abraham is the big hope IMO.  Still.  
We'll see what happens, but 10 min cameos are no longer going to help him.  He has to play like Willian or Pedro for 90 mins.

Frankly I am really not interested in what he did against Tunisia or what he did for our youth teams.  The only argument for RLC is what he has done for Palace.  I haven't seen that myself, but I guess we have all heard what Palace fans say (very positive).  If he brings that game to Chelsea next season, then great.

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Abraham is the big hope IMO.  Still.  
We'll see what happens, but 10 min cameos are no longer going to help him.  He has to play like Willian or Pedro for 90 mins.

Frankly I am really not interested in what he did against Tunisia or what he did for our youth teams.  The only argument for RLC is what he has done for Palace.  I haven't seen that myself, but I guess we have all heard what Palace fans say (very positive).  If he brings that game to Chelsea next season, then great.

Well let's give him a chance. He must get a least the same opportunity as Bakka got . A proper run and a chance to develop. If he doesnt cut the mustard I'll be the first to admit it. And yes Abraham is a great prospect . I'd love to see Ampedu, RLC and Abraham come through together.

36 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Well let's give him a chance. He must get a least the same opportunity as Bakka got . A proper run and a chance to develop. If he doesnt cut the mustard I'll be the first to admit it. And yes Abraham is a great prospect . I'd love to see Ampedu, RLC and Abraham come through together.

Ampadu is 4 or 5 years younger and a CB at that.  Half a generation behind I'd say, not peaking till RLC and Abraham are close to retirement. I don't really buy this idea that he is on the edge of our first team already - or if he is then he is better than JT.

17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Ampadu is 4 or 5 years younger and a CB at that.  Half a generation behind I'd say, not peaking till RLC and Abraham are close to retirement. I don't really buy this idea that he is on the edge of our first team already - or if he is then he is better than JT.

In two years they will both be both be first team regulars and top top players. I will book mark this post!

I don't know what they put in their tea, but Russia are going at it all guns blazing!

Ham   
20 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I don't know what they put in their tea, but Russia are going at it all guns blazing!

It's not what they put in their own tea that you have to worry about 👀

No offence Roman.