• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Everton 1

2 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

It's the press Unsworth love in - With a bit of luck Kenwright will giver his fellow bin dipper the job and watch them stay in mid table or lower obscurity

I think there's a chance they will go down if Unsworth is appointed, I can't see him getting it

So it was another chance to look at our non-leading players. 

Kenedy - of all the young players we have used, I think Kenedy has been the one practical choice.  He works hard, makes few mistakes.  If you had to play a CL final with one youngster he'd be the man.  Helped by playing LWB which is not a core position as say CM.

Musonda - suddenly everyone is talking about the Forest performance - I missed that.  Great cross for Rudiger.

Zappacosta - surely the full time RWB now.  Even if that squeezes Azpi or another CB out.

Christensen - one of the senior players now.  Not sure yet I'd start him ahead of Cahill or Luiz, but I certainly wouldn't worry if he did.

Cabellero - the smartest thing Pelegrini did at City - go back to Malaga to get his old keeper.  Shame he is 36, I'd be happy with him for a good few years as GK2.  Very impressive despite a v quiet first half.

Rudiger - still hit and miss.  Those long booming Right to left long balls are now mostly going astray.  After a game held together by 3 senior CBs they all got in a muddle after it was won to gift the Everton goal.  And Rudiger certainly lost it for his booking; first claiming he had been elbowed when clearly he was hit - by the ball; then charging after the guy he thought had done it.  But brilliant goal.

Drinkwater - looks good so far.  Odd habit of stopping the ball in mid-play, stepping back a pace or two, looking up and passing long, as if taking a free-kick.  It worked, and he looked great at distribution, but presumably he knows you can't do that if the oppo start to put any pressure on (eg 2nd half).

Bats - He did make more of an effort in holding up the ball, and some moves worked well.  But still a finisher that needs to be in a team that dominates possession, which is not how we have played under Conte.  Morata looked better when he came on.

And the final goal - Willian and Fabregas.  Straight out of last season or 14/15.  Beautiful.  I can't understand why anyone would want to lose the power and creativity of our AMs topped and tailed with Costa and Fabregas.  Imagine had Costa stayed.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I am not sure that makes any sense. 

He put out our B team to preserve our key players for the weekend. That's why he did it. 

it certainly doesn't make sense , that's why I highlighted it. Conte put out a B side thinking that it was still a side that could win comfortably at home against a side in terrible form that just sacked it's manager.  He was wrong. As it turned out our keeper was man of the match, we scrapped it by a goal and quite frankly they were all over us through much of the second half both in possession and chances. This cup is a realistic target for us and we nearly blew it. 

A win is great but the performance was not......again (B side or not). Silver linings are welcome (and I hope the young players gained something from the experience) but the club is not right and we are rather hanging on to everything by our fingernails.

JaneB   
4 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

It's the press Unsworth love in - With a bit of luck Kenwright will giver his fellow bin dipper the job and watch them stay in mid table or lower obscurity

Surely the job is made for David Moyes to return, or am I missing something?

JaneB   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

.And the final goal - Willian and Fabregas.  Straight out of last season or 14/15.  Beautiful.  I can't understand why anyone would want to lose the power and creativity of our AMs topped and tailed with Costa and Fabregas.  Imagine had Costa stayed.

Fabregas is a superstar and a top pro.  Willian got all the praise but where would we be without Cesc laying on all these goals?  Mind you, he didn't look too happy in the goal celebrations.  Maybe he'd had a tiff with the gorgeous and oh so lucky Daniella?

9 hours ago, JaneB said:

Surely the job is made for David Moyes to return, or am I missing something?

No,

However the Rangers Job is up for grabs I think thats Moyes destination

It was written in the stars two ex-merseyside managers are the managing the two clubs of Glasgow

JaneB   
7 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

No,

It was written in the stars two ex-merseyside managers are the managing the two clubs of Glasgow

Ha ha!  Best place for them!

8 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

No,

Oh yes - managing Joey Barton.  They'll take anyone.  

I do like the idea of Liverpool/Everton becoming the Glasgow or the football world.  Forgotten.

• Haha 1