• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Everton 1

Rob B   
42 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

^^^^^

Based only on what I've read recently, I can't see that there's any way that Drinkwater is going to be ready to play in either of these games. As far as I know, he's still a fair way off being ready.

Yep, Conte confirmed as much in an interview with Goal.

Musonda and Kenedy to both start, unsurprisingly.

paulw66   
16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I suspect that only Musonda of the younger players will start mid-week, or  perhaps  Kenedy (who is not so young nowadays), but not both.  

Well, Kenedy and Musonda are both 21. If one is young, so is the other. They will be both start, 100%.

13 hours ago, Don Antonio said:

It will be suicidal and stupid to start Fabregas or Baka in the everton game. They are our only fit midfielders and Baka isn't 100 percent. We have bournemouth Roma  and Man u in a 7 day period. They should both be completely rested . I actually hope we lose this game because we dont have a squad to compete in many competitions. Top 4 is important

Agree entirely. There a few with knocks, like Bakayoko and Luiz who should both be sat at home Wednesday relaxing.

11 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

The game against Everton should be the seniors who need playing time; Caballero, Christensen, Rudiger, Zappacosta, Kenedy, Drinkwater (if fit), Willian, Michy and then youth. Giving us something like;

(343): Caballero; Rudiger, Christensen, Clarke-Salter; Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Ampadu, Kenedy; Musonda, Michy, Willian

Subs: Eduardo, Cahill, Sterling, Scott, Fabregas, Pedro, Morata (due to lack of options) 

Agreed, will be (hopefully) something like the above

8 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Well that means Fabregas has to be run into the ground playing Wednesday, Saturday and Tuesday. 

Can't see it. Think Antonio will fudge it somehow. Personally, I couldn't care less about Wednesday. The thought of continuing in the competition and having 2 extra midweek fixtures in January is a scary prospect. 

33 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

New manager in charge for them now........

They heard about Musonda and Kenedy starting.    How could they have sacked him after a win at the Bridge!

(though probably they were just waiting to get the loss to Arsenal out of the way to clear it for the new man).

Without fail, clubs in bad form change their manager just before playing us.

Meaning they have a new manager. New energy and motivation, just before they play us.

Typical. Happened with Palace, now Everton.

You know what’s next. 

Rooney winner incoming. Always scores against us. Everyone will play their game of the year.

So sick of this happening to us.

Hopefully we can contrive to lose this , play some "kids" ( Literally with a bit of luck ) and give them a new man bounce to boot.

We really could do without any fixture pile ups in the future.

paulw66   
49 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Rooney winner incoming. Always scores against us. Everyone will play their game of the year.

So sick of this happening to us.

1. who cares about the sodding league cup?

2. How many times has Rooney scored against in competitive matches (not including Community Shield)? It's actually very few

Edit - Rooney has scored 6 goals against us in 25 games according to the link below. 2 of those were penalties in one game, so he has scored in 5 matches against us at most. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4694676/wayne-rooney-scored-36-of-39-premier-league-opponents/

21 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Without fail, clubs in bad form change their manager just before playing us.

Meaning they have a new manager. New energy and motivation, just before they play us.

Typical. Happened with Palace, now Everton.

Actually the number of clubs who have sacked their manager after out game in the last 15 years is massive.  Most clubs most of the time fear Chelsea and don't want to gift the planned new manager with this game.  Things change though.