• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Bournemouth 0 Chelsea 1

6 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Played really well overall, just couldn't kill the game. Hazard masterclass.

Cahill doesn't play, and we keep a clean sheet. Not a surprise whatsoever. 

Give it a rest muppet, there's a good boy.

Just goes to show what happens when you bin a crap keeper.

Games before Champions league games are virtually unwatchable.

Still, three points is three points.

Vinod   
2 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Played really well overall, just couldn't kill the game. Hazard masterclass.

Cahill doesn't play, and we keep a clean sheet. Not a surprise whatsoever. 

You are barking up the wrong tree. The problem is not with Cahill. It's the system and how players fit in.

Rudiger fits better because he has the pace to cover the acres of space left by Alonso and CM directly in front. Earlier we had Matic, who would usually hold position. Under Jose we played with Azpi on the left, albiet without the extra Centre half.

The second reason why Rudiger fits is that his recovery speed allows players around him to be more aggressive in attack and defence. 

Finally it helps that he is not as conservative as Cahill; so we are more positive in general.

Let's not make Cahill the reason for the losses. The problem runs deeper. He is a solid defender. Sort of won us a trophy back in the day. I would put him first on the team sheet if we expect a tactical battle in Europe.

I think this team desperately lacks a leader on the pitch. Not helped by the fact that Luiz is not 100%.

15 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Wow how bad were Willian and Bats in that short cameo.

Willian just looked as if couldn't be arsed, his body language made that obvious

Really good performance. Delighted. Pity we couldnt kill the game because the performance deserved a big scoreline. Liked what I saw as usual from Rudiger and Zappacosta and also Danny Drinkwater when he came on. They look like terrific additions to the squad overall. And to think we are going to improve even further on Tuesday when Kante comes back! The only negative is that I still can't quite understand why Fabregas is the one sitting back and Bakayoko goes forward.

Signs of a bit of form coming back. I don't know if Bournemouth were really poor or we just made them look poor. 

Love the way Zappo doesn't mind getting a bit of chalk on his boots. Players who like and enjoy hugging the touchline are few and far between. 

Hazard looked more than interested today and Luis looked majestic at times. Would have liked a couple more goals for all our possession but a good solid three points. 

Our Spanish contingent have been quite average but overall solid performance by everyone else. What I like about Morata so far is that even if he hasn't scored, he still contribute something to the team. Pedro's willingness to offer himself and run into space is why I'd choose him over Willian any day.

Loved Azpi and Hazard today. Hazard and Morata clicking game by game is good to see, should've gotten 2 if not 3 assist today. Superb stuff.

Steadily impressed by Rudiger. Does almost everything right almost every game and still 24, hope he keeps it up.

Drinkwater being the water carrier is quite good though, I'm slowly becoming a fan of his. Keeps everything tidy even when surrounded by 3 men and created an attack from being pressured using a simple pass. Pity Willian didn't finish it off. Being held off by Serman(?) took a bit of a shine off his performance. Impressed with the little minutes he was given.

Negatives:

Fabregas was average if not below. Has been a passenger for most matches now and even his passing was sloppy.

Bats could do better, needs more work in his overall play.

Willian seems like he's on a decline. Could be mental or lack of motivation or something. Has been a shadow of himself. Sort yourself out man, you're still in your prime ffs.

Bakayoko can be effective but his brainfarts needs to be addressed by the coaching staff. His complacency nearly cost us.

Luiz needs to carefully time his charging runs better.

Finishing again has been poor. Morata, Fabregas, Pedro and Willian needs to do better.

TL;DR Solid performance and controlled the game well without exerting too much with Roma and Utd in the horizon. 7/10 game overall.

kev61   
2 hours ago, Phoenix Blue said:

Willian just looked as if couldn't be arsed, his body language made that obvious

Willian has lost confidence IMO or is not mentally in the right place for whatever reason.He is a class act and is worth sticking with.We played some good football today and should have been out of sight,however this guy bakayoko worries me - he was less awful today than he has been - but there were times when he had the touch of a Sunday league player.I always feel worried about a players commitment when they dye their Barnet so often...it's my age!😄.

3 hours ago, Vinod said:

You are barking up the wrong tree. The problem is not with Cahill. It's the system and how players fit in.

Rudiger fits better because he has the pace to cover the acres of space left by Alonso and CM directly in front. Earlier we had Matic, who would usually hold position. Under Jose we played with Azpi on the left, albiet without the extra Centre half.

The second reason why Rudiger fits is that his recovery speed allows players around him to be more aggressive in attack and defence. 

Finally it helps that he is not as conservative as Cahill; so we are more positive in general.

Let's not make Cahill the reason for the losses. The problem runs deeper. He is a solid defender. Sort of won us a trophy back in the day. I would put him first on the team sheet if we expect a tactical battle in Europe.

I think this team desperately lacks a leader on the pitch. Not helped by the fact that Luiz is not 100%.

With all due respect you contradict yourself. You say the problem is not cahill but the tactical system. Well Conte wont change the formation and Alonso isn't going to become fast overnight. Like you rightly say he is a solid defender and won us many trophies but just like Ivanovic and Jt he is on the decline . I for one am happy we bought Rudiger . He is already better than cahill and could easily improve a lot due to his age

xCELERYx   
4 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Really good performance. Delighted. Pity we couldnt kill the game because the performance deserved a big scoreline. Liked what I saw as usual from Rudiger and Zappacosta and also Danny Drinkwater when he came on. They look like terrific additions to the squad overall. And to think we are going to improve even further on Tuesday when Kante comes back! The only negative is that I still can't quite understand why Fabregas is the one sitting back and Bakayoko goes forward.

Both CM's tend to interchange. However, Bakayoko is more advanced because he has the athletic ability to recover back. Fabregas on the other hand doesn't, so it's more about him keeping position and being that outlet pass. Given he's also the only player who has the composure, technical ability, creativity, vision and passing to play through regularly and control the tempo, having him deeper makes tactical sense.