• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League match against Roma at Stadio Olimpico, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Tuesday, 31st October, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

The team picks itself if Kante is fit

Courtois

Rudiger   Luiz     Cahill

AZpi  Kante Fab   BAKA   Alonso

Hazard

Morata

32 minutes ago, Don Antonio said:

The team picks itself if Kante is fit

Courtois

Rudiger   Luiz     Cahill

AZpi  Kante Fab   BAKA   Alonso

Hazard

Morata

I'd keep the same back 3 as yesterday and keep Zappa at RWB. Azpi hasn't been so impressive out wide when he's played there but was excellent in the middle yesterday.

Rob B   

Tricky one this because it’s tempting to have half an eye on United.

I’d probably go...

Courtois; Rudiger, Christensen, Cahill;  Zappa, Kante, Drinkwater, Baka, Alonso; Hazard; Morata

Rests for Azpi and Luiz without significantly weakening the defence. Cesc gets a rest too although not sure I’d play him anyway.  

1 hour ago, chiswickblue said:

I'd keep the same back 3 as yesterday and keep Zappa at RWB. Azpi hasn't been so impressive out wide when he's played there but was excellent in the middle yesterday.

I recall Zapacosta getting roasted by kolarov in the first leg. Zappa is very effective offensively but a lil dodgy defensively

2 hours ago, Don Antonio said:

I recall Zapacosta getting roasted by kolarov in the first leg. Zappa is very effective offensively but a lil dodgy defensively

I don't recall anyone, FB or WM who didn't get roasted by Kolarov regularly.  Not even Azpi.

23 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't recall anyone, FB or WM who didn't get roasted by Kolarov regularly.  Not even Azpi.

Very true but an azpi rudiger  right sided defence is stronger than a zappa Azpi one, besides Zappa is the only player to have started both the everton and bournemouth games you dont have to be a rocket scientist to know that he is going to be benched for cahill against Roma

9 hours ago, Don Antonio said:

Very true but an azpi rudiger  right sided defence is stronger than a zappa Azpi one, besides Zappa is the only player to have started both the everton and bournemouth games you dont have to be a rocket scientist to know that he is going to be benched for cahill against Roma

Perhaps.  But the oppo LB starts in a very different position if Moses or Zappa play.  I love the way I've seen Zappa go past his oppo on his first touch when he comes on as sub.  
If you want the RWB to defend, yes pick Azpi.  If you want to win, pick Zappacosta.

Id like to see us have a go at Roma, play with a bit of urgency and aggression. I think that might be the key to taking something here. But if we have to lose one game this week its this one but go down fighting..

paulw66   

Can't see anything other than a 352

Will Drinkwater or Kante be a part of it? 

Presume Cahill comes back in, but I would prefer Rudiger. 

Also think Dave will play RWB.