• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Roma 3 Chelsea 0

Zappacosta should be one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment.

He is by far and away our best wing back on current form.

Rudiger is almost undroppable, he has probably been our best centre half this season.

3 man midfield if Kante/Drinkwater are fit enough to start, if not then 343, I defeintly do not want to see Luiz playing in midfield again.

jones   
52 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Rudiger is almost undroppable, he has probably been our best centre half this season.

3 man midfield if Kante/Drinkwater are fit enough to start, if not then 343, I defeintly do not want to see Luiz playing in midfield again.

Agree with this. On Rudiger, I think he should start but will still be surprised if Cahill is dropped. It would be a major call for Conte, basically saying he now thinks our new recruit is better than our captain. I have my money on this team, even if both Zappa and Rudiger can be dropped to make place for our captain.

Courtois - Azpi, Luiz, Rudiger - Zappa, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Kante, Alonso - Hazard, Morata

Must not lose game. Be compact, and try to hit them on the break. I actually think we will win.

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Trouble is, 2 weeks ago, almost all of Roma's decent attacks came from our right hand side. Dave will almost certainly play RWB in my opinion. 

11 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Perhaps.  But the oppo LB starts in a very different position if Moses or Zappa play.  I love the way I've seen Zappa go past his oppo on his first touch when he comes on as sub.  
If you want the RWB to defend, yes pick Azpi.  If you want to win, pick Zappacosta.

I know what you mean with moses and Zappa putting the opposition lwb on the backfoot but Kolarov dominated Zapa in the first leg . I think Conte will start Azpi at RWB and bring on Zappa in the second half if we are chasing the game

Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante could return from injury for Tuesday's Champions League trip to Roma.

Kante, 26, has not played for the Blues since 30 September because of a hamstring injury.

Danny Drinkwater is also set to be included in the squad following a calf problem, with Victor Moses (hamstring) the only definite absentee.

A win for Chelsea would secure a last-16 spot with two games to spare in Group C.

"Kante has trained with us," said Blues boss Antonio Conte. "It's very important in this moment to speak with the player.

"I was a player and I know very well after an injury - above all a muscular problem, a bad injury - it's very important to listen to the player, to find out his sensation and then make the best decision for him and the team.

"We will try to make the best decision."

Roma came back from two goals down to take a 3-3 draw at Stamford Bridge two weeks ago and Conte said he was expecting "another very tough match".

"Our group is a tough group with Atletico Madrid and Roma.

"To stay at the top of this group is really important."

Roma have a number of injury problems, including forwards Patrik Schick (thigh) and Gregoire Defrel (ankle), and defenders Bruno Peres (hamstring) and Rick Karsdorp (cruciate ligament).

But the Serie A side, who are second in the group, have won all three of their league matches 1-0 since drawing with the Premier League champions.

"In London, we saw a beautiful Roma and tomorrow I want to see the same mentality," said boss Eusebio di Francesco.

"That game must be a starting point for us.

"The idea is also to be more realistic than during the last three league matches where we lacked something."

kev61   

I hope Kante is fit -a big miss for us..I would like to see Rudiger,azpi and Christensen in defence - the rest you could throw your hat at - I predict a win and another Athletiico type win.

Two hopes for this one;

1. We don't succumb to fear and use a 352 and a reactive strategy going in to the game

2. Luiz doesn't start

Based on form and players needing a rest I'd go with (3421):

Courtois; Azpi, Christensen, Rudiger; Zappcosta, Kante, Drinkwater, Alonso; Pedro, Hazard; Morata

Subs: Caballero, Luiz, Kenedy, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Willian, Bats

Cahill and Moses to miss out. 

But Conte will almost certainly go with the reactive strategy here and play a 352 with;

Courtois; Azpi, Luiz, Cahill; Zappacosta, Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Alonso; Hazard, Morata

Tricky one with Man United at the weekend, however we do have a decent gap between the games and so I wouldn't get too distracted by that match and focus on picking a team to win this match. Which for me means Azpi starts at RWB to counter Kolarov and also I'd put Rudiger in a RCB to help cover that side with Luiz and Cahill making up the rest of the back 3 - Christensen unlucky to miss out. Kante shouldn't start, he's been out for a while and I just wouldn't risk him, give him 30-35 mins in second half to get ready for Man Utd. Drinkwater should be fit to start though and so I expect:

Courtois

Rudiger   Luiz   Cahill

Azpilicueta    Drinkwater    Bakayoko    Alonso

Fabregas

Hazard
Morata        

Bench: Caballero, Christensen, Kante, Ampadu, Willian, Pedro, Batshuayi

I think t'll be a score draw, which both teams would probably take before kick off.

paulw66   

Big game this one. If we can avoid defeat, and presumably win in Qarabag, then we'll be through as at least one of Roma / Atleti will drop points in week 5

paulw66   
4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Bench: Caballero, Christensen, Kante, Ampadu, Willian, Pedro, Batshuayi

I think t'll be a score draw, which both teams would probably take before kick off.

Ampadu played for U19s today