• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester United at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:30, Sunday, 5th November, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

Going to be more than just a match, so much around this game. United are coming after two big victories against Spurs and Benfica, they're confident but there is always a time that one team will come and show to them some class. We aren't at our best at the moment, Conte has to look for a solution as faster as he can because losing here will lead him to troubles. Going to be a physical game, United will look to score first, then they will be sitting back. 

Conte must choose the best XI he can, hopefully, we will have Kante back. 

I'd like to see this starting lineup:

---------------- Courtois ---------------

- Azpilicueta - Andreas - Rudiger - 

Zappacosta - Kante - Drinkwater - Alonso

Pedro - Morata - Hazard - 

I can see Jose using lukaku to play off azpi and creating chances like the spurs goals last year at white hart lane. So might use azpi as a lwb and play GC/DL. Will be a tough, it is a difficult moment that we see ourselves in.

Let's hope we will be watching the Chelsea we love! COME ON CHELS!!!!!

^^^^^Yes, that would be my starting lineup as well:

Courtois

Azpilicueta - Christensen - Rudiger 

Pedro - Morata - Hazard 

With a bench of: Caballero, Kenedy, Fabregas, Batshuayi, Willian, Cahill.

GURJ SS   

4231:

Courtois;

Dave, Chris, Rudi, Alonso;

Dan, Baka;

Pedro, Hazard, Willian;

Morata;

Which can easily change to: 343

With Pedro dropping to wingback and Hazard coming over to the wing, with Alonso moving further forward. I think it's best to start with 4231 and see how it goes, keep Dan and Baka sitting deep with our 3 AMs all going forward every chance they get; keeping the fullbacks back too, we'd pressure Man U by putting quick skillful players running at their back line with Matic left chasing shadows, and with Jose not being able to counter us it would make their game redundant; as they can't afford to give us the opposition the ball, hence Jose making his team keep the ball more nowadays.

We've got the players to win the game, but we need to utilise them effectively and get them on the pitch, I'd look to use Cesc, Kenedy and Musonda as our subs; Cesc is we're controlling the game but need a breakthrough, and the two young lads to give all their energy in the last 20mins, and I mean everything they have because Man U hate having to chase down players.

Rest assured that Mourinho will have a plan in place for this one. He totally neutralized us last season at Old Trafford and that was WITH Diego Costa.. Things will have to improve significantly if we are to win this game. Especially Morata.

2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Courtois

Pedro - Morata - Hazard 

That's my line up too. Lets hope nobody has noticed that if you shoot low and hard anywhere to Courtois left (his right) the next thing that happens is that he picks it out of the net.

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Courtois

Pedro - Morata - Hazard 

At the moment, that is our strongest starting XI imo. 

Personally , I think Alonso needs a rest , he's not the paciest of players when fully refreshed and I'm certain I could have got to El Shaarway quicker walking from Milton Keynes than Alonso did last night , had that been Kenedy everyone would have been up in arms about his dreadful closing down.

Courtois has been ropey again too and in a meritocracy would be dropped for under performing , Cahill is just too slow , Conte seems to have finally realised this hence the move to the right hand side against Roma which unfortunately did nothing to shore up the defence.

I'm going :

Cabellero 

Christensen , Luiz , Rudiger

Zappacosta , Kante , Drinkwater, Azpillicueta

Fabregas

Morata , Hazard 

I don't think we can drop Fabregas , we just need him absolved of defensive duties and let his quality shine through , although I wouldn't be unhappy with Pedro-Morata-Hazard even though I think Morata is playing with tight hamstrings despite what he says and is frightened its going to pop any minute.

Confident we'll lose this , Jose will have something up his sleeve and will want revenge for the 4-0 of last season.

Some closing down and tackling would be a refreshing change.

It would be easy to be gloom and doom after last nights poor result. However I have the feeling Conte gambled last night in order to have Kante on Sunday. With him in there Fabregas and Hazard suddenly cease to be the luxury players they currently are. I think we will see a classic Mourinho away performance, strangle the life out of the game and grab a goal. If we can score first we should win however I wouldnt be surprised with a draw either. Lukaku hasnt scored in a few has he, bound to happen isn't it.

I'm going with a narrow Chelsea win though 2-1.