• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly

Michael Emenalo

Michael Emenalo: Chelsea technical director leaves post after 10 years

The 52-year-old, who played for Nigeria at the 1994 World Cup, joined Chelsea in 2007 under Avram Grant, for whom he played at Maccabi Tel Aviv. He worked in both scouting and coaching departments at Chelsea before being promoted to technical director in 2011. Emenalo, who played for Notts County in the 1990s and in the first MLS game, has been linked with a role at Monaco.During his time at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea won the Champions League in 2012, plus three Premier League titles, three FA Cups, the League Cup and Europa League.Emenalo said: "This has been a very difficult decision to make, but one I believe is right for both myself and my family, and the club. "I have had the privilege to work alongside some of the most talented people in the world of sport over the past 10 years, and I will depart incredibly proud of the achievements we have made."Chelsea boss Antonio Conte said: "I am very sorry to see Michael leave Chelsea, and I would like to thank him for all his help and support since I arrived at this club."Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck said: "It is with regret that the owner and board of directors accepted Michael's resignation this week. We are sorry to see him go but understand his desire to move on and explore new challenges."

we will only know at the end of the jan transfer window if its a good thing. Hopefully it means Conte will be supported to build a team he can manage to victory.

City and its 50m defenders are going to be out of sight for a while, can't help feeling we are all playing for 2nd

Rob B   
4 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

we will only know at the end of the jan transfer window if its a good thing. Hopefully it means Conte will be supported to build a team he can manage to victory.

City and its 50m defenders are going to be out of sight for a while, can't help feeling we are all playing for 2nd

Well with the start of the window only 7-8 weeks away,  you’d like to think that negotiations would be well underway?!

At the very minimum, the club will know what is leftover from the 2017/18 annual budget, and will have drawn up a list of targets that work within the required expenditure, whilst taking into account Conte’s input.

You could clearly see yesterday that Emenalo knew he was a beaten man

His congratualtions to Conte spoke volumes after the match

The club will surely move forward now and signings such as Ronaldo and/ or Messi may be coming in as soon as January. They have been waiting for this moment to join.

I think we are soon going to find out who benefits from this resignation (from a consolidation of power point of view). I say this, as for me ME was either the reason we did not buy the players managers wanted (owing to his remit to develop youth players / spot talent) or he was the bridge between the manger and the rest of the board. For me, if we get a similar director of football in, then Conte is pretty much a goner. If we get rid of the director of football role and instead appoint a Hutchinson sort of person then I think that will provide Conte with almost old school 'Manager' powers.

jones   

This is fantastic news, without a doubt. For sure, we have a replacement ready. And for sure, this is not Emenalo stepping down. It is as much stepping down as the likes of Ancelotti, di Matteo and AVB did. Emenalo and Granovskaia are coming off a failed transfer window. We left it too little too late, and most of the dropped points this season are more related to the misfortunes of the transfer market than Conte's managerial ability (even if it by no means is black and white). One of Emenalo and Marina had to pay the price, and you can bet that Roman would like to see better results in the next transfer window. 

For me, this indicates ambition and intention. We have money to spend, and hopefully we will do so in January already.

17 minutes ago, jones said:

This is fantastic news, without a doubt. For sure, we have a replacement ready. And for sure, this is not Emenalo stepping down. It is as much stepping down as the likes of Ancelotti, di Matteo and AVB did. Emenalo and Granovskaia are coming off a failed transfer window. We left it too little too late, and most of the dropped points this season are more related to the misfortunes of the transfer market than Conte's managerial ability (even if it by no means is black and white). One of Emenalo and Marina had to pay the price, and you can bet that Roman would like to see better results in the next transfer window. 

For me, this indicates ambition and intention. We have money to spend, and hopefully we will do so in January already.

Of course, it could just be that Emenalo has a great offer from Monaco sitting in his back pocket, or he's simply had enough after 10 years. Just saying......