• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly

Michael Emenalo

50 minutes ago, jones said:

This is fantastic news, without a doubt. For sure, we have a replacement ready. And for sure, this is not Emenalo stepping down. It is as much stepping down as the likes of Ancelotti, di Matteo and AVB did. Emenalo and Granovskaia are coming off a failed transfer window. We left it too little too late, and most of the dropped points this season are more related to the misfortunes of the transfer market than Conte's managerial ability (even if it by no means is black and white). One of Emenalo and Marina had to pay the price, and you can bet that Roman would like to see better results in the next transfer window. 

For me, this indicates ambition and intention. We have money to spend, and hopefully we will do so in January already.

I think we all need to wait and see how this plays out over the next two windows. As I have said earlier, ME's going could signal one of two things I.e. more power for the manager or more power for the board. For me, if it is more power to the manger, it is then we can say ME was the key reason for the lacklustre windows. If however, we appoint someone similar it could be the case things get worse and ME actually acted as a buffer. Lets see. 

7 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

I think we all need to wait and see how this plays out over the next two windows. As I have said earlier, ME's going could signal one of two things I.e. more power for the manager or more power for the board. For me, if it is more power to the manger, it is then we can say ME was the key reason for the lacklustre windows. If however, we appoint someone similar it could be the case things get worse and ME actually acted as a buffer. Lets see. 

Or it could result in no change in terms of any supposed "power struggle" between the manager and the board. Furthermore, what makes you think Emenalo is the (sole) reason for us not getting all the players Conte may have wanted? For a start, I don't know who was on Conte's personal 'wish list'; do you? If by some miracle you are better informed than everyone else on this forum, what proof can you put forward that it was Emenalo that was the root cause of us not getting those players? Sometimes players just don't want to move, or clubs just don't want to sell... is that Emenalo's fault?

I've never understood why some on here have blamed him for everything they perceive to be wrong with the club or to have gone wrong at the club.

33 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

I think we all need to wait and see how this plays out over the next two windows.

For me, this indicates ambition and intention. We have money to spend, and hopefully we will do so in January already.

People are looking for guilty parties in the Summer and winners now.  For me the guilty partners were everyone involved from March through to June when the plans for the summer were laid out.  Signing a 3rd foreign keeper while letting our club trained captain go were very early signs that we intended early on to go for a minimalist squad.  
I fail to see how Conte does not share as much responsibility at Emenalo or Marina.

16 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Or it could result in no change in terms of any supposed "power struggle" between the manager and the board. 

I've never understood why some on here have blamed him for everything they perceive to be wrong with the club or to have gone wrong at the club.

I'd go for no change - the kind of not really important change that just buys time (till it all comes out again in March)

Me neither - but they certainly do.  Essentially he took on Grant's pantomime villain role for many.

Just listened to Stuart Pearce on the radio and he was saying that during his recent managerial posts his experience with Chelsea was thus:

If he wanted to inquire about availability of a Chelsea player (buy or loan) First Point of Contact was Emenalo.

If he wanted  to offer a player for sale,  FPC  was Emenalo. 

Anything to do with any players in any respect....FPC was Emenalo

I suspect that any Chelsea manager/coach who wanted a certain player would also have to go through Emenalo.....that is an awful lot of power for one man to have at a football club the size of ours, especially for a man with a CV as unimpressive as Emenalo's.

A head had to roll over our latest transfer window debacle and I'm glad it's not Conte's.

Sounds likely - mind you apart from 8 months at Forest, Pearce hasn't had a club position for 10 years (pre Emenalo) and the rest was as U21 manager to 2013 - where you wouldn't expect to speak direct to the first team coach anyway.

11 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Just listened to Stuart Pearce on the radio and he was saying that during his recent managerial posts his experience with Chelsea was thus:

If he wanted to inquire about availability of a Chelsea player (buy or loan) First Point of Contact was Emenalo.

I suspect that any Chelsea manager/coach who wanted a certain player would also have to go through Emenalo.....that is an awful lot of power for one man to have at a football club the size of ours, especially for a man with a CV as unimpressive as Emenalo's.

A head had to roll over our latest transfer window debacle and I'm glad it's not Conte's.

Well that's the role of the technical director. I doubt his qualifications as much as anyone but English football fans are far too suspicious of technical directors, as if they're always waiting in the wings waiting to stab the coach in the back.

A first team coach/manager does not need to have widespread powers over the whole club. If he does you're in trouble given how quickly managers move from club to club. A technical director is someone who keeps the club ticking over whatever else is happening. 

I hope we find a highly experienced replacement who can work with Conte and the board to help the club keep moving forward.

He spotted De Bruyne, helped us get Hazard, got Zouma, Lukaku, Christensen, Bats. He spotted some great talent. 

Maybe he had too much power. But he wasn't the real problem, Marina was and still is. 

We need a football person to come in and do just as good a job. Apparently the club have known this was happening for several months, so I'm sure they have someone lined up or are working towards that - a football person, hopefully. We have well enough non-football people running the club already.

2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Of course, it could just be that Emenalo has a great offer from Monaco sitting in his back pocket, or he's simply had enough after 10 years. Just saying......

Rumours are suggesting he's had enough of Conte and Marina's bickering, and being stuck in the middle.

25 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Quite a sensible arrangement, I would have thought.

"Jose, you're wanted on the phone"
"Can't you see I'm trying to teach Eden how to track back and tackle?"
"It's Stuart Pearce wanting to know if he can borrow Loic Remy until January"
"OK... Eden, carry on with that exercise; I'll be back in 5 minutes"

• Like 1