• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holymoly

Michael Emenalo

36 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think the jovial friends with everyone is a very carefully cultivated image.  Which is not to say he is a bad person.  But I don't see him in a behind the scenes role.  And if you want to make your current manager truly paranoid, having the 58 yo former manager of Juve, Milan, Chelsea, PSG, RM & Bayern M sitting just behind you would do it perfectly.

I'm curious why he was at 2 games recently.  Perhaps invited by Conte.  But if he was there as potential replacement for Emenalo it was a massively tactless thing to do.

I can only recall the one game that he attended recently... we only have James' word that he attended two (and I think his 'source' is some dubious blogger/ITK). Furthermore, in a recent interview (parts of which were carried by, amongst others, The Independent ) Ancelloti says he won't start looking for another job until the summer.  In the interview Carlo says “I have time to watch football now, I am looking for new opportunities but not right now. My contract with Bayern expires at the end of the season and that’s when I’ll start listening to new offers." I presume what this means is that, whilst sacked by Bayern, he's on a sort of gardening leave until the end of the season.

paulw66   
32 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I can only recall the one game that he attended recently... we only have James' word that he attended two (and I think his 'source' is some dubious blogger/ITK). Furthermore, in a recent interview (parts of which were carried by, amongst others, The Independent ) Ancelloti says he won't start looking for another job until the summer.  In the interview Carlo says “I have time to watch football now, I am looking for new opportunities but not right now. My contract with Bayern expires at the end of the season and that’s when I’ll start listening to new offers." I presume what this means is that, whilst sacked by Bayern, he's on a sort of gardening leave until the end of the season.

Carlo also attended Spurs v Liverpool I think. Klopp out?

paulw66   

As if to somewhat nicely summise on ME:

‘Antonio Conte’s future has been rocked by the exit of Chelsea chief Michael Emenalo. Roman Abramovich’s right-hand man was a major ally of under-fire Conte’ – The Sun‘exclusive’, November 7.

‘Chelsea’s sporting director Michael Emenalo’s surprise decision to stand down will be seen in some quarters as a good thing for Conte as they clashed over transfers. This must be seen as a strengthening of Conte’s ­precarious position’ – Daily Mirror, November 7.

42 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yeh, that's true I suppose, but maybe he had been initially invited without any particular reason being stated.

Twice.  That upgrades happenstance to coincidence.

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Twice.  That upgrades happenstance to coincidence.

Or it means he is a wealthy fellow with time on his hands and enjoys watching football in a city he used to enjoy living in..........

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Or it means he is a wealthy fellow with time on his hands and enjoys watching football in a city he used to enjoy living in..........

So where was he the previous 5 games?  But you miss the allusion.

xCELERYx   
8 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Ramires was also at the game. Maybe he's joining us again... 

Wouldn't take too much from Carlo being there myself. Not the first ex coach or player we've had be either invited or come to watch us play with no motive besides the game itself. 

JaneB   
3 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Ramires was also at the game. Maybe he's joining us again... 

Wouldn't take too much from Carlo being there myself. Not the first ex coach or player we've had be either invited or come to watch us play with no motive besides the game itself. 

Wasn't Franco there too? And didn't Claudio come to one of our matches not long ago? 

I know I should but I still have no idea what ME's role at the club entailed.

Why can't things be more simple? I think we employ far too many people anyway. I mean we've got more people sitting on our bench than in the team.