• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holymoly

Michael Emenalo

kev61   
2 hours ago, JaneB said:

Wasn't Franco there too? And didn't Claudio come to one of our matches not long ago? 

I know I should but I still have no idea what ME's role at the club entailed.

Why can't things be more simple? I think we employ far too many people anyway. I mean we've got more people sitting on our bench than in the team. 

There were rumours that the  mad hatter and the march hare were seen at Chelsea matches - but were refuted by harvey the rabbit.

Sciatika   
8 hours ago, JaneB said:

Why can't things be more simple? I think we employ far too many people anyway. I mean we've got more people sitting on our bench than in the team. 

Agreed. And we could charge quite a lot for those seats. Imagine it. We could have a matchday package in which you dress up as a player, spend the prematch in the dressing room, march out next to Gary and then spend the match sitting with the players as if ready to come on. Have the half-time team talk. In the second half, you are allowed to run up and down the touchline a couple of times and then you can shower with the players. It's just an extension of replica kits really. We could make a fortune out if it :-)

Sea foot   
5 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Agreed. And we could charge quite a lot for those seats. Imagine it. We could have a matchday package in which you dress up as a player, spend the prematch in the dressing room, march out next to Gary and then spend the match sitting with the players as if ready to come on. Have the half-time team talk. In the second half, you are allowed to run up and down the touchline a couple of times and then you can shower with the players. It's just an extension of replica kits really. We could make a fortune out if it :-)

If I had a fortune, you would see me most home matches warming up on the touchline. I'm the one with the grey hair and the limp btw.

JaneB   
3 hours ago, Sea foot said:

If I had a fortune, you would see me most home matches warming up on the touchline. I'm the one with the grey hair and the limp btw.

I will look out for you!

Sea foot   
1 minute ago, JaneB said:

I will look out for you!

If I could touch my toes I would do my stretching in front of the away fans much like the  great JT did in front of (I think) the manure fans. 😉

56af6dcef2d0f_JohnTerrysbum.gif.eb6b56166e89735c6ba20c789efad199.gif

He can do a bit more than touch his toes, he is almost nose to the ground there. 

I found the gif, not sure when it was.  My dodgy memory has it against QPR

Sea foot   

That's the one Droy. I thought it was manure or spuds but  my memory isn't what it once was (but then I can't remember if it ever was that good😀).

Good luck to Emenalo in his future endeavors and thanks for his work and input that propelled Chelsea to success over the last 10 years. The players that came in under his leadership are well documented so there's no need to name them although I will mention Kevin DeBryune as the world-class talent that got away, ironically under the watchful eyes of Jose Mourinho. I say ironically because it lends credence to the need for separation of power between the 'on-field manager' and the 'off-field/ Admin manager'. This tug of war between both 'managers' is good for the health of the club. If power tilts too far toward one end of the pendulum, the balance and/or 'health' of the club will be at risk. For this reason, I do not expect much to change except for the fact that Marina will step in as the clear scapegoat with her neck on the line any time things go wrong. Any coach that has won a league title for the club will always be adored by fans and when difficult decisions have to be made, that appear to put the board's decision at odds with the manager's requests, Chelsea fans will support the manager blindly without caring whether the manager is right or wrong as it affects the club long term. Kevin Debruyne - a player who came in during Emenalo's tenure for only 7 million pounds - and is now Man City's BEST player by a mile, at still just 26yrs old is a classic example as to how we can get it terribly wrong by allowing too much power accruing to the Coach. What about the text to Diego Costa? Who sanctioned the text? Clearly, we didn't have to sell Diego before buying Morata so it's obvious that someone shot us in the foot and it wasn't the board. 

Anyway, my prayer is that both Conte and Marina are both on the same page in respect of player acquisitions and sales but I won't bet on it. Otherwise, good luck to Marina as the new scapegoat because she will need it.

Emenalo’s successor at Chelsea likely to answer to Granovskaia not Abramovich

Marina Granovskaia  

Marina Granovskaia , who is primarily involved in transfer negotiations for Chelsea, has taken on the technical director’s responsibilities for now. 

Marina Granovskaia’s influence behind the scenes at Chelsea is set to increase in the wake of Michael Emenalo’s resignation, with any successor as the technical director likely to have to report to her rather than enjoying a direct line of communication with Roman Abramovich.

The Premier League champions are undertaking a review of their management structure following Emenalo’s decision to stand down, with Abramovich taking a keen interest in the process as he seeks to ensure Chelsea remain stable through another period of transition. The hierarchy are also keen to make sure Antonio Conte is not unsettled by the changes above him.

The owner is not used to key figures stepping down of their own accord and the fact the club still hoped to dissuade Emenalo from leaving meant there is no clear succession plan in place. Abramovich has since spoken to the directors Granovskaia, Eugene Tenenbaum and the chairman, Bruce Buck, over how to proceed.

The structural review remains in its infancy, with all options being considered as to how to fulfil the duties performed by Emenalo. Granovskaia, who is primarily involved in transfer negotiations, has taken on the technical director’s responsibilities in the meantime, withemployees such as the head of international scouting, Scott McLachlan, and the loan technical coach, Eddie Newton, reporting directly to her. One option being explored is whether she could accept the bulk of that workload full time while delegating other aspects to staff already at the club and thereby negate the need to secure a direct replacement for Emenalo.

Similarly, the role could be redefined and a slightly more junior figure recruited. However, should the club opt to secure a like-for-like replacement then it is unlikely whoever comes in would enjoy the same level of communication with Abramovich as enjoyed by his predecessor and would instead most likely consider Granovskaia their line manager. Abramovich was close to Emenalo, one of his most trusted lieutenants and a key figure who was hired as a scout in 2007.

Leonid Slutsky, whom Chelsea had put up in one of the hotels at Stamford Bridge when he moved to London to learn English and study football in this country this year, has been mentioned as a potential candidate for the role and is someone Abramovich knows and trusts. Yet the former Russia manager is committed to his job at struggling Hull City in the Championship. Didier Drogba, the player-owner of Phoenix Rising in the US, intends to become that club’s sporting director once he retires from playing and it is unclear whether he would be in a position to rejoin Chelsea in the near future.

The club’s hierarchy are keen to impress on Conte that his duties in charge of the team will not be affected by Emenalo’s departure, with the Italian set to restore David Luiz to full training on Wednesday afternoon. The defender must prove he warrants inclusion for the next match, at West Bromwich Albion, having been dropped for poor form and his questioning of the manager’s tactics.

^reads to me like someone just spent 2 hours at an off the record briefing by the club (probably with half a dozen other hacks) and learnt absolutely nothing. 

But at least we get to know the club have nothing to say.