• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly

Official: Michael Emenalo leaves Chelsea

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Or it could result in no change in terms of any supposed "power struggle" between the manager and the board. Furthermore, what makes you think Emenalo is the (sole) reason for us not getting all the players Conte may have wanted? For a start, I don't know who was on Conte's personal 'wish list'; do you? If by some miracle you are better informed than everyone else on this forum, what proof can you put forward that it was Emenalo that was the root cause of us not getting those players? Sometimes players just don't want to move, or clubs just don't want to sell... is that Emenalo's fault?

I've never understood why some on here have blamed him for everything they perceive to be wrong with the club or to have gone wrong at the club.

Erm, I am at a little bit of a loss here, as at no point did I say he was the sole reason for us not getting the players needed/wanted. Additionally, I have also made no claims to know what players Conte wanted or got. In fact, I have clearly stated that if there is to be any change we will have to wait and see as it is entirely possible that ME helped Conte/got players through the door (I admittedly did not emphasise the if bit that well).

The only presumption I have made is that Conte wanted more players (no names or insider knowledge claimed btw), which I think is a fair interpretation of his (Conte's) attitude and interviews since pre-season. 

51 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

People are looking for guilty parties in the Summer and winners now.  For me the guilty partners were everyone involved from March through to June when the plans for the summer were laid out.  Signing a 3rd foreign keeper while letting our club trained captain go were very early signs that we intended early on to go for a minimalist squad.  
I fail to see how Conte does not share as much responsibility at Emenalo or Marina.

I'd go for no change - the kind of not really important change that just buys time (till it all comes out again in March)

Me neither - but they certainly do.  Essentially he took on Grant's pantomime villain role for many.

I personally do not buy that Conte was/is happy with the numbers in the squad. I think everything he has said/inferred since he has been here is that we need more players. Of course, you could take the veiw that he had jettisoned a lot of players that were useable (although I actually think he wanted JT to stay) but I get the feeling they went because they did not have the qualities he wanted and/or the money was too good (Oscar). Additionally, I think he expected that those that did go would be replaced (a guess based on his interviews/comments). 

As for being critical, I have said it is too early to make judgements as it is equally possible he want pro Conte/signings. 

Edited by Conte Kante

3 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Rumours are suggesting he's had enough of Conte and Marina's bickering, and being stuck in the middle.

Mate, if you're going to post stuff like this, could you at least post a link with it? 

Emenalo going will only be a good thing is it means Conte gets more control over transfers, and stays beyond this season. 

Or if we get a better replacement.

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

Fair play to him. That's a classy departure. 

He's probably recieved a lot of unwarranted stick and he's never been the sole reason to why we've seen failed windows in the past. There's more names to add to that list.

But whichever way one sees things, one thing we can't deny - the whole club is at a better place now compared to 7-8 seasons ago. The academy, the development squad and yes, it was a nice parting gift that Andreas Christensen had such a brilliant game yesterday. Finally the loan army and academy had produced a first team player of quality. 

Some posters have said he's off to Monaco. In that interview I get the impression he wants to rest and enjoy his family. 

Thank you for your service Michael.  

According to this article Marina will take over Emenalos role in the immediate (don' have a heart attack James ;-)) And frank is being considered a successor in a bid to ease relations between manager and owner.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/876330/Chelsea-news-Frank-Lampard-considered-replace-Michael-Emenalo-technical-director

Also appears to confirm that he genuinely wants to spend time with his kids

Edited by Lump Of Celery

57 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Quite a sensible arrangement, I would have thought.

"Jose, you're wanted on the phone"
"Can't you see I'm trying to teach Eden how to track back and tackle?"
"It's Stuart Pearce wanting to know if he can borrow Loic Remy until January"
"OK... Eden, carry on with that exercise; I'll be back in 5 minutes"

:)  Indeed - it does make Emenalo sound like the receptionist and not the boss.

57 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

1. I personally do not buy that Conte was/is happy with the numbers in the squad.

2.  I think everything he has said/inferred since he has been here is that we need more players. Of course, you could take the veiw that he had jettisoned a lot of players that were useable (although I actually think he wanted JT to stay) but I get the feeling they went because they did not have the qualities he wanted and/or the money was too good (Oscar). Additionally, I think he expected that those that did go would be replaced (a guess based on his interviews/comments). 

As for being critical, I have said it is too early to make judgements as it is equally possible he want pro Conte/signings. 

1. - so why did he accept a 3rd foreign keeper early on - surely he knew that limited his choices - especially since Christensen is now the only club-trained proper player at the club.  

2.  Actually he has never moaned about not having enough players (I have double checked every allegation).  And the only time he has said we need more players were mid-August when he claimed we would sign some and we did sign Zappacosta and Drinkwater.  Inferred (by the press and fans) of course - but that only means any half intelligent fan can see we are well short.

He probably isn't happy with the numbers (I certainly hope not).  But the decision goes back to May or before, and he was certainly a part of that decision making process.  Perhaps he didn't realise that, say insisting we spend a fortune replacing one of the best 3 strikers in the league would lead the club to misunderstand his message on back up players, but he is still part of the cock-up.  Once you get to that level of management in any organisation, part of your job is to make it clear to everyone else what you expect.

1 hour ago, chiswickblue said:

Well that's the role of the technical director. I doubt his qualifications as much as anyone but English football fans are far too suspicious of technical directors, as if they're always waiting in the wings waiting to stab the coach in the back.

A first team coach/manager does not need to have widespread powers over the whole club. If he does you're in trouble given how quickly managers move from club to club. A technical director is someone who keeps the club ticking over whatever else is happening. 

I hope we find a highly experienced replacement who can work with Conte and the board to help the club keep moving forward.

So could that be the reason why Carlo has been seen at the Bridge recently?

7 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

I read Carlo's book, the one just before he joined us where he already bragging how he was advising RA on how to play more attractive football.  Seems to have a bigger ego than either JM or Conte.  Not the man for a diplomatic role.

kev61   
1 minute ago, PeteRobbo said:

Good shout Pete makes sense to me and I hope Lampard comes on board.I have said before we need people who know the game and has played the game at the highest level  on the board.I don't whether to be worried or excited - but I feel excited for no reason really.I feel Roman realises there is something wrong with our off field construction but it could be as benign as Em wanting more time with his his family.

kev61   
12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I read Carlo's book, the one just before he joined us where he already bragging how he was advising RA on how to play more attractive football.  Seems to have a bigger ego than either JM or Conte.  Not the man for a diplomatic role.

Carlo never struck me as having a huge ego.I don't want him back as manager but I've got no problem taking over from em and  can't see why he has to be 'diplomatic' in that role.