• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

West Brom 0 Chelsea 4

14 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

I would go with 343 with Kante and Drinkwater to start with Cesc coming on in the 2nd half. 

Or we could take Fabregas off for the 2nd half when we are already 3 up.  

jones   

Three big away games coming up with West Brom, Qarabag and Liverpool in 7 days. We really need to use our squad here.

West Brom are usually very shy of possession and likes to be physical. I'd keep Fabregas on the bench, and rather use him as an impact player late on if we struggle to score. He has played a lot and we need his legs fresh for Qarabag. The likeliest option is to go back to 3-4-3 with Pedro back in the team and a more solid CM with Bakayoko or Drinkwater together with Kanté. 

Or we could really surprise them and go with Batshuayi and Morata up front with Hazard behind in a 3-4-1-2. They will sit deep and two big men up front is going to be a handful for their CBs if we can move the ball quickly and get some decent crosses in. I'd go with:

Courtois - Azpi Christensen Rudiger - Zappacosta Kante Drinkwater Alonso - Hazard - Batshuayi Morata

And then we can have a lot of fresh legs but still a very experienced and competitive team for Qarabag:

Courtois - Azpi Luiz Cahill - Moses Kante Bakayoko Alonso - Hazard Morata Fabregas

kev61   

Same team that started against manu except I would rest Hazard because he been kicked from pillar to post and play Willian - I would also play drinkwater in place of Fabregas.

On November 9, 2017 at 4:13 AM, Droy was my hero said:

The question of course is not whether an athletic CM can get forward, but whether he has the technique to cause damage when he gets there, and not just be limited to off the ball runs. 

Exactly. And this is exactly why Pedro may be a better fit because Pedro can certainly press and then he has the ability to damage as well. 

Bakayoko definitely works in that role but I just dont see the point in putting him there against a team we really should be setting out to destroy rather than to match. Atleti and United yes... West Brom? Probably not..

On 10/11/2017 at 7:10 PM, Conte Kante said:

I would go with 343 with Kante and Drinkwater to start with Cesc coming on in the 2nd half. 

Yep, that sounds reasonable

19 hours ago, kev61 said:

Same team that started against manu except I would rest Hazard because he been kicked from pillar to post and play Willian - I would also play drinkwater in place of Fabregas.

Good call Kev.

paulw66   
On 11/10/2017 at 11:24 PM, kev61 said:

So same team but without the two standout attacking performers?

After Fabregas' performance against United, and considering he just had a weekend off, I can't see him not starting. 

Hazard - you can make a case as he apparently got a knock either playing or training with Belgium. 

23 hours ago, paulw66 said:

So same team but without the two standout attacking performers?

After Fabregas' performance against United, and considering he just had a weekend off, I can't see him not starting. 

Hazard - you can make a case as he apparently got a knock either playing or training with Belgium. 

I think CM is going to be an interesting as all four have had the week off. Baka looks like he may be injured/have a knock so that leaves us with Kante, Drinkwater and Cesc. Personally, I see Kante playing all three games but for the other three I do not know where Baka is, while I imagine Cesc and Drinkwater will be roatated. 

As for the AM's Hazard has played every minute for Belgium thanks to the delightful Martinez so Pedro starting at WBA is not that far fetched. That said if Pedro does start then I imagine Cesc will too. 

Edited by Conte Kante

jones   

Three tough and important games on the road (WBA, Qarabag, Pool), before we face lesser opposition at home (Swans, Newcastle). I think our five most important players Courtois, Azpi, Hazard, Kanté and Morata (+Alonso) must start all of the three upcoming games. And they can be given rests against Swansea or Newcastle. With everyone fit, we should be able to rotate the rest and avoid playing the same XI twice a week. We can do like this:

• WBA: Courtois - Azpi, Christensen, Cahill - Moses, Kanté, Drinkwater, Alonso - Hazard, Morata, Pedro
  • Qarabag: Courtois - Azpi, Luiz, Rudiger - Zappacosta, Fabregas, Kanté, Bakayoko, Alonso - Hazard, Morata
  • Pool: Courtois - Azpi, Christensen, Rudiger - Moses, Kanté, Bakayoko, Alonso - Hazard, Morata, Pedro

15 outfield players to start without us being significantly weakened. Fabregas has played a lot and is most in need of a rest, while also being needed at home to Newcastle and Swansea.

• 3 starts: Courtois, Azpi, Hazard, Kanté, Alonso and Morata
  • 2 starts: Christensen, Rudiger, Moses, Bakayoko, Pedro
  • 1 start: Luiz, Cahill, Drinkwater, Fabregas, Zappacosta

Kenedy, Batshuayi and Willian to be given starts against Newcastle or Swansea to give Hazard, Alonso and Morata much needed rest.