• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

West Brom 0 Chelsea 4

5 hours ago, jones said:

So you really believe Conte plays with five at the back because "defenders are cheaper"?

Sort of. I believe the team would have been a lot better with 433, 2AMs starting, 2 coming on each game and 1 extra in reserve.  With the workrate from the front three winning us games, much as we did in 14/15. 

But with just 3 hi quality AMs on the books once Oscar had gone we just didn't have the talent to play that game. Still don't. But it is the way City, Spurs and Liverpool play, and sometimes Man U. 

(Note we took the cash on Oscar in January. Whether that was a done deal in September when Oscar got suddenly and permanently dropped, or whether Conte decided neither Oscar nor Fabregas had the legs for that role, who knows.  And Moses iss a classic example of a player who was woefully short of the required quality at AM, but quite competent as a cheap WB. 

So I'd say "because top AMs are so expensive". But it amounts to the same thing. 

^^^^^^^^

Moses will also miss the game according to Conte, although he should be right for the next one. Musonda too is out injured. Luiz returns to the squad.

Courtois

Azpilicueta
Christensen
Cahill

Zappacosta
Fabregas
Kante
Bakayoko
Alonso

Hazard
Morata

subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Luiz, Drinkwater, Ampadu, Pedro, Willian

Come on Chels!

Sea foot   

Happy enough with that. Bench looks ok. Pity we ain't got another quality striker.

This is WBA, we should be starting Pedro or Willian (if well).  I expect we'll win 0-2 and everyone will say how well we did against a tough WBA after the game.  

Morata!

JaneB   

And Hazard..........woo hoo!

So I'm the only watching then? 2 - 0 Hazard.

Just now, JaneB said:

And Hazard..........woo hoo!

Ah, thanks Jane. For a moment there I thought I was alone.