• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

West Brom 0 Chelsea 4

Vinod   

People will talk about Morata and Hazard, but I think Kante is one of the 3 best midfielders on the planet right now.

A good win to set us on our way for the most difficult part of the season; although I do not think too much can be read into it as WBA were so woeful after the first goal. 

That said, the Morata/Hazard partnership is starting to look very promising, while the 352 formation provides Cesc with that half a second more on the ball. MotM for me was Hazard. 

The only thing I would have liked to have seen was Ampadu get some minutes as once we were 4 nil up there was no way WBA were getting back into the game. 

jones   

So easy. Great to see Eden at his absolute best, and his Morata game is getting better and better also. This lineup clearly is our best, although both Moses and Rudi could be in it as well.

Should be able to beat Qarabag with ease even if we rotate, but the question is whether Conte takes that risk or not. Liverpool away at the weekend, and we should go with the same XI that started today.

jangz   
2 minutes ago, MikelBlue said:

I agree. No need to give willian those last 13mins given the rare opportunity to groom Ampadu in a league game.

I don't think 13 mins here and there when you are 4-0 up  really helps that much.. can't think of a single player being groomed like that.. to do that u need to put them in a real match situation.. 

3 minutes ago, jones said:

So easy. Great to see Eden at his absolute best, and his Morata game is getting better and better also. This lineup clearly is our best, although both Moses and Rudi could be in it as well.

Should be able to beat Qarabag with ease even if we rotate, but the question is whether Conte takes that risk or not. Liverpool away at the weekend, and we should go with the same XI that started today.

I do not think we can write Qarabag off so easily as they held AM both home and away. For me a strong team needs to go out there and then we can rotate once we are a few goals up. Last thing we need is to lose/draw to them as a) that is a lot of pressure on us for the AM game b) we really do not want to finish second the way the other groups are shaping up. 

3 minutes ago, jangz said:

I don't think 13 mins here and there when you are 4-0 up  really helps that much.. can't think of a single player being groomed like that.. to do that u need to put them in a real match situation.. 

Whilst "grooming" may be a bit much, surely any exposure is good for someone so young? Additionally, he could have got 25 mins as the game was completely done once Hazard scored again. 

35 minutes ago, jangz said:

Actually for a 17yr old at Chelsea of all clubs (that rarely plays kids) its a confidence booster and every little helps. Put another way, those 13mins would've done much more for Ampadu than Willian.

Another good performance. I honestly feel that overall this season we have played pretty well. Obviously we struggled a bit during that spell when Kante went down, and the only reason things aren't tremendous is because City are also rampaging at the moment.

Conte certainly seems to have found another great formation here with the 3-5-2 being implemented. We look so solid and well put together in this formation. 

The usual great performances from the same old same old - Azpili, Alonso, Kante, Fabregas, Hazard and, of course, Morata as well. But we are also seeing consistent performances from Christensen, Cahill and Zappa these days while Bakayoko is also settling in now. I hope that everyone remains fit for the rest of the season because this formation certainly seems like a winning forumla.

Arsenal beating Tottenham today made me immensely happy as well because Spurs are such a praised club yet they consistently choke on every big occasion it seems. They've already lost to us, City and United yet they are supposedly City's "main threat" this year. Plenty of games to go and, whilst City certainly look every bit as consistent as Barcelona under Pep, I still hope that the more competitive nature of the Premier League will mean that they suffer quite a few upsets along the way.