• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

West Brom 0 Chelsea 4

2 hours ago, Vinod said:

People will talk about Morata and Hazard, but I think Kante is one of the 3 best midfielders on the planet right now.

That's not even debatable, the only debate to be had is which two players could be considered better than him as I think, and have said for a while now, he is without doubt THE best in the world. 

He is an absolute freak and his level of consistency is something I don't think I have ever seen , from anyone.

I said a while ago that Andreas Christiansen was the best young defender I had seen since John Terry and I keep getting more and more impressed by him.

The biggest complainant I can give him is that you would never know we have a 21 year old centre half starting in the middle of our back three and keeping out arguably the best defender in the league last season.

He goes completely unnoticed and I mean that in a really good way. He does the simple things really well am his reading of the game is exemplary. 

An absolute star 

Blue Rod   
2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I said a while ago that Andreas Christiansen was the best young defender I had seen since John Terry and I keep getting more and more impressed by him.

The biggest complainant I can give him is that you would never know we have a 21 year old centre half starting in the middle of our back three and keeping out arguably the best defender in the league last season.

He goes completely unnoticed and I mean that in a really good way. He does the simple things really well am his reading of the game is exemplary. 

An absolute star 

He's everything a modern defender should be - solid, reliable, measured, quiet but tough, confident on  and off the ball. I really like the look of him so far.

Apparently the Champions of England won 4-0 today but on the BBC MOTD its all a w##kfest over Pogba and Zlatan, Pep and Arsenal.

Pathetic.

xCELERYx   

Exactly why I like the 352 for us so much. We're a better team with it and overall more balanced. The Morata/Hazard partnership upfront is exciting, while the midfield three gives us mobility in Kante and Bakayoko, but also the guile of Fabregas. Plus, it means the LCM can help cover Alonso when he pushes forward. 

Overall a very good performance after the break. Hopefully we build on that further.

So yes, Plan B - bringing Fabregas off for the last 20 mins when we are 4-0 up definitely seems an improvement on plan A.  

Hazard, Morata and Fabregas were on top form.  But I can't help thinking they'd have been even better with Pedro rather than Bakayoko getting into good positions and not knowing what to do.  

WBA really struggled, mostly just to play the ball out of their own half.  That seems to be their level right now.  Pity, I used to like them.  

Kante and the 3CBs were all excellent too, Alonso good.  Leaving Zappacosta who looked at least as good as Moses but not quite convincing on this game, and Bakayoko, who looked clumsy whenever getting into the box.  One superb turn on the edge of the box was wasted with a very sloppy shot.  
I'd say Drinkwater for Baka, but really it has to be Pedro or Willian and 343.  Better still Pedro and Drinkwater and 433.  

7 hours ago, MikelBlue said:

I agree. No need to give willian those last 13mins given the rare opportunity to groom Ampadu in a league game.

The obvious problem is that to bring on Ampadu and not his lookalike, Luiz, might not be diplomatic!

Moreover it was clear from long before the game that WBA were a team to play 2 AMs against.  That Bakayoko ended up as an AM who got back rather than a CM who got forward does not excuse not starting Pedro or Willian ahead of him.  Bringing on a 6th big defender for Kante or Fabregas would have been just inappropriate.

5 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

An absolute star 

Agreed entirely.  Late to the party on Christensen (not having seen much of him) but convinced already.  
But I doubt Luiz was the best defender in the PL last season, probably only 3rd best at Chelsea, 4th best if you include WBs.

kev61   

Didn't see the game but poked my head in here a few times.Watched the highlights on motd

looked like hazard had a field day and Morata looked sharp.Kante  is Kante how lucky are we to have him - his market value has to be just short of a squillion pounds in today's market.

The player that is really getting my attention is Christensen.I watched him in the flesh on Tuesday night in Dublin - he really is the real deal,as someone said like a young it...only faster.

All things being equal we are the only team that can challenge city this season - don't you think?.

6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Better still Pedro and Drinkwater and 433.  

Been saying this for a while now. I'm not convinced we need 5 defenders on the pitch anymore, especially when you look at the players missing out. I'm even less convinced we need 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders.

We would be able to get more of our better players on the pitch if we switch back to 433.

5 at the back worked last year as it made us very good defensively, this year we are nowhere near as good defensively so for me it's not working. I can't see the point in playing 7 defensively minded players and leaving Pedro and Willian on the bench. 

5 hours ago, kev61 said:

All things being equal we are the only team that can challenge city this season - don't you think?.

We were always going to be their biggest threat, the problem is we are already possibly too far behind them l.