• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Liverpool at Anfield, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30, Saturday, 25th November, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

Sea foot   

I don't care whether this is a must win game or not. Just WANT to win there so much. Mrs Sea Foot is living in bindipper land for a year whilst doing a paramedic degree course. She reckons that they are all on the take. Quelle surprise.

54 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

I don't care whether this is a must win game or not. Just WANT to win there so much. Mrs Sea Foot is living in bindipper land for a year whilst doing a paramedic degree course. She reckons that they are all on the take. Quelle surprise.

...and that's probably the surgeons rifling through your pockets while your under anesthetic!  

The paramedics up there must be rushing around like headless chickens picking up bindippers from the floor after they have all tripped over paving stones and need six weeks off work. Poor Mrs Seafoot.

Be interesting to see who plays on Saturday as whilst I think it is safe to presume that we will line up 352, I am unsure what option will be played at LCB and if Cesc will start after a full 90 minutes midweek. Dave is also a question mark as he appeared to have a knock in the final 10 minutes. 

Anything but;

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Cahill; Zappacosta, Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Alonso; Hazard, Morata

will be a massive surprise. 

I'd still be tempted to go;

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Cahill; Zappacosta, Kante, Fabregas, Alonso; Willian, Morata, Hazard

jones   
1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Anything but;

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Cahill; Zappacosta/Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Alonso; Hazard, Morata

will be a massive surprise. 

Yes, except Moses is back from injury and will be starting (according to several journos that were in Baku). Means that only 5 of the players that started against Qarabag start here, and three of them were subbed and rested. 

Azpi 180 mins
Fabregas 158 mins
Kante 152 mins
Alonso 148 mins
Hazard 136 mins

Good use of the squad by Conte. Two convincing results so far, and honestly if he gets the win over Liverpool as well he has pulled off a miracle of a week.

Edited by jones

I'm not against Moses starting if he is fit enough but it would be a bit of a surprise to come straight back after quite a lengthy lay off in such a big game.

After last night Willian has to play. You don't play that well and then get dropped, especially for another defensive player in a game we have to win.

We can't drop any points whilst City are on the run they are on. We need to win every game which means taking the game to then and exploiting their shocking defence. We do that by playing attacking players not 7 defensive ones.

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Cahill; Zappacosta, Kante, Fabregas, Alonso; Willian, Morata, Hazard

paulw66   
16 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

We can't drop any points whilst City are on the run they are on.

City are going to win the league by a mile. Not through anyone else's shortcoming, but they have just assembled a ridiculous squad having spent the GDP of a small nation. We will be lucky if they lose 3 games this season, a figure we have already achieved.  

A draw at Anfield is always an accpetable result.