• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

City are going to win the league by a mile. Not through anyone else's shortcoming, but they have just assembled a ridiculous squad having spent the GDP of a small nation. We will be lucky if they lose 3 games this season, a figure we have already achieved.  

A draw at Anfield is always an accpetable result.

I agree that they should win the league comfortably but that doesn't mean we should give up.

A draw is acceptable if we play in the right way. If we go there with an ultra defensive formation and get a 0-0 it will be anything but.

paulw66   
12 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I agree that they should win the league comfortably but that doesn't mean we should give up.

A draw is acceptable if we play in the right way. If we go there with an ultra defensive formation and get a 0-0 it will be anything but.

Not give up, no. But there is no point going all out for the win, and getting done 3-0 on the counter attack in a desperate measure to try and catch a team we aren't going to catch. A point at Anfield in a bid to secure top 4, is a good result

In regards to your last point, I don't really understand........0-0 is unacceptable but 3-3 is perfectly fine?

We all know Liverpool are going to absolutely press us like lunatics around our goal , they seem to put more effort into beating us than they do United or Everton .

We must not allow them the opportunity around our goal area by ***** footing around trying to play it out  , Courtois should be instructed to hoof the ball as long as possible to negate this and get Hazard and Pedro/Willian or whoever to get ready for the flick ons , their defence is average and their keeper too short although he is a good shot stopper.

We in turn must press their defence like demons ,  I love beating Spurs and (now) United , but this one is the one for me.

paulw66   
15 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We all know Liverpool are going to absolutely press us like lunatics around our goal , they seem to put more effort into beating us than they do United or Everton .

We must not allow them the opportunity around our goal area by ***** footing around trying to play it out  , Courtois should be instructed to hoof the ball as long as possible to negate this and get Hazard and Pedro/Willian or whoever to get ready for the flick ons , their defence is average and their keeper too short although he is a good shot stopper.

We in turn must press their defence like demons ,  I love beating Spurs and (now) United , but this one is the one for me.

You want us to play long ball to Hazard and Pedro, who are 5'8 and 5'6 respectively?

27 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Not give up, no. But there is no point going all out for the win, and getting done 3-0 on the counter attack in a desperate measure to try and catch a team we aren't going to catch. A point at Anfield in a bid to secure top 4, is a good result

In regards to your last point, I don't really understand........0-0 is unacceptable but 3-3 is perfectly fine?

Who's to say we will get done 3-0 On the counter attack? If we go there and try to win the game we probably will. We are MUCH better than them when we set up the right way. This is not a great Liverpool side, its not even a very good one. We should 100% be going there to win. 

Going there and trying to win the game but getting a point is a lot more acceptable than going there, playing an ultra defensive 352 and getting a point

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

You want us to play long ball to Hazard and Pedro, who are 5'8 and 5'6 respectively?

No particularly , I want them to get on the end of the knock downs that Morata can supply , what I don't want is half a dozen geggenpress scousers terrorising Cahill ten yards in front of Courtois 

Faramir   
6 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Who's to say we will get done 3-0 On the counter attack? If we go there and try to win the game we probably will. We are MUCH better than them when we set up the right way. This is not a great Liverpool side, its not even a very good one. We should 100% be going there to win. 

Going there and trying to win the game but getting a point is a lot more acceptable than going there, playing an ultra defensive 352 and getting a point

When we play 352 we are not ultra defensive. We won 4-0 playing West Brom that way.

Playing 352 helps to negate Liverpool's attack + will give us plenty of options going forward.

15 minutes ago, Faramir said:

When we play 352 we are not ultra defensive. We won 4-0 playing West Brom that way.

It was ultradefensive football though with 7 defensive players starting..  

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

Playing 352 helps to negate Liverpool's attack + will give us plenty of options going forward.

We beat West Brom 4-0 because Hazard and Fabregas were absolutely brilliant. And West Brom were utterly useless.

Playing 352 certainly doesn't give us plenty of options going forward, well definitely not when we line up with 7 defensive players on the pitch anyway.

9 hours ago, paulw66 said:

City are going to win the league by a mile. Not through anyone else's shortcoming, but they have just assembled a ridiculous squad having spent the GDP of a small nation. We will be lucky if they lose 3 games this season, a figure we have already achieved.  

A draw at Anfield is always an accpetable result.

Sad but true. If we get second place this season I will rejoice by running down the Kings Road wearing nothing but a kitkat wrapper over the essentials.