• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1

8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

We all know Liverpool are going to absolutely press us like lunatics around our goal , they seem to put more effort into beating us than they do United or Everton .

We must not allow them the opportunity around our goal area by ***** footing around trying to play it out  , Courtois should be instructed to hoof the ball as long as possible to negate this and get Hazard and Pedro/Willian or whoever to get ready for the flick ons , their defence is average and their keeper too short although he is a good shot stopper.

We in turn must press their defence like demons ,  I love beating Spurs and (now) United , but this one is the one for me.

Not often I read a post where I wouldn't change even a comma  or full stop but these sentiments are mine EXACTLY. 

I don't actually know any Dippers who can goad me or that I can goad. It's enough for me to imagine their little faces leaving Anfield after a Chelsea drubbing.Went to see a very funny German comedian the other night called Henning Wehn. His show was called  Failure Is Not An Option.  This is my motto for the week.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

It was ultradefensive football though with 7 defensive players starting..  

Read the rest of the post. We scored 4 goals playing in what you say was an ultra-defensive way.

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

.Went to see a very funny German comedian the other night called Henning Wehn. His show was called  Failure Is Not An Option.  This is my motto for the week.

Saw him in Wycombe last month. Did he get you unknowingly singing Hitler youth songs? 

3 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Read the rest of the post. We scored 4 goals playing in what you say was an ultra-defensive way.

We scored 4 goals against an abysmal West Brom side whilst two of our best players were in top, top form. 

Playing 7 defensive players can not be any thing other than ultra defensive. Our two world class creative players are playing so well at the moment it is blinding people's judgement. Just because those two are playing well it doesn't mean we are setting up to play attacking football.  We are doing the complete opposite and relying 100% on two players to do everything going forward. 

Playing 352 with the players we have been using is ridiculously defensive. Its not even debatable. 

jones   

Feeling very confident for this. Their defence is terrible, and their two center backs will struggle with Morata and Hazard combining up front. Great to see Willian performing again, could be a real weapon for a sub appearance but can't see him starting over Fabregas. With Moses ready to start, team picks itself:

Courtois - Azpi, Christensen, Cahill - Moses, Fabregas, Kanté, Bakayoko, Alonso - Hazard, Morata

Obviously, they pose an attacking threat and they will probably nick a goal, but still think we are way more threatening to their defence than they are to ours. Salah has scored for fun, but I am yet to see him terrorise good defences. He is very good at the break (which he won't get much of here) and extremely one-footed (good defenders know how to put players on the wrong foot).

1-3: Morata, Hazard, Cahill

19 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

We scored 4 goals against an abysmal West Brom side whilst two of our best players were in top, top form. 

Playing 7 defensive players can not be any thing other than ultra defensive. Our two world class creative players are playing so well at the moment it is blinding people's judgement. Just because those two are playing well it doesn't mean we are setting up to play attacking football.  We are doing the complete opposite and relying 100% on two players to do everything going forward. 

Playing 352 with the players we have been using is ridiculously defensive. Its not even debatable. 

The don't debate it Martin. I'll settle for the result thanks.

33 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Mate, we coasted through the game and won it easily, whatever the shape was. Job done without stress or injury - away from home. I don't see anything 'ridiculous' about that. Well played Antonio - now let's get the job done up at Anfield.

2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Mate, we coasted through the game and won it easily, whatever the shape was. Job done without stress or injury - away from home. I don't see anything 'ridiculous' about that. Well played Antonio - now let's get the job done up at Anfield.

The debate isn't why did we use so many defenders to beat WBA when we should beat them so easily.
The debate is why we have so little choice but to use defenders.

Lets just hope Liverpool have as much problem playing the ball out of their own half as WBA and Carrier bag did.

2 hours ago, blue moon said:

Saw him in Wycombe last month. Did he get you unknowingly singing Hitler youth songs? 

Oh yes I was clapping along like a Nazi!!

I saw him in Brighton and we have a lot of 'tree hugging yogurt knitters' in this part of the world. Some of his observations on immigration (from an immigrants perspective) were very funny but I could see it was a bit unpolitical correct  for some. At one point a woman shouted out  "all refugees welcome here". He said "of course, but it makes me feel a bit guilty... I came here 20 years on British Airways business class but they've had to swim across the Mediterranean then hang onto a lorry's axel for three days". Some in the audience didn't quite know what to make of him but I loved it! 

xCELERYx   

Will be shocked if we don't play anything but 352. It gives us the best balance, allows us to utilise our best players more effectively, and our best performances this season have come when playing this way. No brainer really.

The biggest question mark will be who plays between Zappacosta and Moses? Big game to bring Moses back into, but on the hand he's also better defensively in one-on-one situations. Could possibly see Conte pushing Azpi out to RWB to help negate Liverpool wide players better if he feels that's the best course of action.

Otherwise rest of the side essentially picks itself in my view. 

Have a feeling Salah may score though.