• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1

39 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

The debate isn't why did we use so many defenders to beat WBA when we should beat them so easily.

Pretty sure that it was, but whatever....

The debate is why we have so little choice but to use defenders.

No, that's your much stated view, and your debate. And your definition of what constitutes a defender. Maybe other's, too, for all I know. But  I doubt that it had much, if anything,  to do with the post I responded to. 

kev61   
On 22/11/2017 at 7:53 PM, Sea foot said:

I don't care whether this is a must win game or not. Just WANT to win there so much. Mrs Sea Foot is living in bindipper land for a year whilst doing a paramedic degree course. She reckons that they are all on the take. Quelle surprise.

I lived in Liverpool for a year and found the people very decent.

Big game and there's absolutely no excuse not to get up for this. You know they will be, especially being at home and under the lights. WEeneed to negate their start as they always look to come quickly out of the blocks. The longer it's goalless, the better it is for us I reckon.

3-5-2 for me. Win the midfield battle and we should gain control of the game. I'd like us to be strong and physical. The likes of Kante and Bakayoko will need to dominate and Morata will have to put away his chances.

Their main threat is from out wide and whilst Moses may not be match fit, I'd prefer his physicality to deal with Mane. It's actually the other side which really worries me; Salah vs Alonso is a bit of a mismatch really, at least in terms of pace. We'll need to double up on that side.

A win here would be one hell of a result. I'd take a point. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kev61 said:

I'm absolutely sure there are lots of decent people in Liverpool Kev....but they probably all support Accrington Stanley (who the hell are they?)  In all honesty some of the worst pool supporters I've met are the ones that have never even been to Liverpool. And of course they all speak very highly of us.

18 hours ago, kev61 said:

Yep, I've found that too Kev. And the centre of the city is superb, with the people very friendly indeed.

Having been - among of things - called a cockney bastard when I am from west London, pelted with breeze blocks by a couple of dozen people with whiney accounts for daring to exist, and threatened with a ‘good smack’ on the ChilternRail line for nothing more reprehensible than reading cfcuk (I guess they were from the Mersey area, or just good mimics), I’m less than convinced by their general approach to life. My granny lived in Birkenhead at one time and she was great, but in my experience it is the exception that proves the rule. The only good thing about a scouser lies in his or her ability to provide a good dose of schadenfreude - vis St Stephen of Istanbul and his fall from grace - or rather Demba Ba.

On 11/23/2017 at 3:48 PM, Martin1905 said:

We scored 4 goals against an abysmal West Brom side whilst two of our best players were in top, top form. 

Playing 7 defensive players can not be any thing other than ultra defensive. Our two world class creative players are playing so well at the moment it is blinding people's judgement. Just because those two are playing well it doesn't mean we are setting up to play attacking football.  We are doing the complete opposite and relying 100% on two players to do everything going forward. 

Playing 352 with the players we have been using is ridiculously defensive. Its not even debatable. 

we beat man u while creating chances for many more goals and also smashed westbrom and qarabag 4-0 . I dont think its a negative formation. It is well balanced

kev61   

Good feeling about tomorrow( hope that doesn't put the kibosh on things)I would leave Alonso and Fabregas out - play defensive(not Mourhino defensive) and hit them on the break - we have the tools to do the job.

2 hours ago, blue moon said:

Having been - among of things - called a cockney bastard when I am from west London, pelted with breeze blocks by a couple of dozen people with whiney accounts for daring to exist, and threatened with a ‘good smack’ on the ChilternRail line for nothing more reprehensible than reading cfcuk (I guess they were from the Mersey area, or just good mimics), I’m less than convinced by their general approach to life. My granny lived in Birkenhead at one time and she was great, but in my experience it is the exception that proves the rule. The only good thing about a scouser lies in his or her ability to provide a good dose of schadenfreude - vis St Stephen of Istanbul and his fall from grace - or rather Demba Ba.

There's something we have in common then Blue. My dad was from Birkenhead. 

Edited by PeteRobbo

18 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Good feeling about tomorrow( hope that doesn't put the kibosh on things)I would leave Alonso and Fabregas out - play defensive(not Mourhino defensive) and hit them on the break - we have the tools to do the job.

Going to have a bet Kev? As a saver I mean