• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Swansea City 0

23 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Not quite, what I would do however is have more than 2 attackers on the pitch. I don't think that's too much to ask, personally.

I was merely trying to provoke a chuckle , however surely our wing backs are more often than not in the oppositions half as nominal wingers ?

Also I'm a huge Fabregas fan and think he should be a nailed on starter , just not in a two and can understand fully why Conte opted to rest him a little on Saturday.

34 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I was merely trying to provoke a chuckle , however surely our wing backs are more often than not in the oppositions half as nominal wingers ?

Which begs the question, why do we have conventional defenders as FBs, and not Willian and Pedro?
Man U can start Valencia and Young regularly in a 4 man defence.

10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Which begs the question, why do we have conventional defenders as FBs, and not Willian and Pedro?
Man U can start Valencia and Young regularly in a 4 man defence.

Perhaps , seeing as Alonso is a brilliant free kick taker and scores quite a few goals and can defend too the coach thinks he is the more rounded choice than Willian who has been diabolical until recently and the the teeny tiny no help in defence Pedro ( who's great going forward ) 

Moses and Alonso are both better than Valencia and Young by miles and miles.

51 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Also I'm a huge Fabregas fan and think he should be a nailed on starter , just not in a two and can understand fully why Conte opted to rest him a little on Saturday.

That may well be the case but they certainly do not have the attacking quality of our wingers that are sitting on the bench. We are more or less playing full backs as wingers which just makes it worse.

I think if we play 352 there is absolutely no reason why Willian or Pedro or both couldn't start as wing backs, in some games against certain teams.

I would  have no issue playing 5 at the back if we had Kante, Modric and Fabregas in midfield with Marcelo and Dani Alves as wing backs.

It's not the formation I have an issue with, just the way it is being used.

paulw66   
55 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He could certainly play in a 2 versus Swansea at home. Particularly if it's alongaide Kante.

jones   
6 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

100 % spot on. 3-5-2 has been a revelation for Fabregas, and he is a nailed on starter for us. He can play in the two, but only in easy home games for my liking. 

16 minutes ago, jones said:

100 % spot on. 3-5-2 has been a revelation for Fabregas, and he is a nailed on starter for us. He can play in the two, but only in easy home games for my liking. 

Really?  Have you only just noticed how good he is?

I think people forget that Fabregas was brilliant in 4231, then in 523.  There is nothing especially recent about his abilities and form.  No revelations about Fabregas whatsoever (though admittedly he goes from a great contributor to almost the only route we have).

The team seems a lot stronger when he has 3 targets to choose from not 2.  And Fabregas is 50% better I'd say.
433 would be best (which is what our 523 morphs into whenever we are on top).

jones   
8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Really?  Have you only just noticed how good he is?

I think people forget that Fabregas was brilliant in 4231, then in 523.  There is nothing especially recent about his abilities and form.  No revelations about Fabregas whatsoever (though admittedly he goes from a great contributor to almost the only route we have).

The team seems a lot stronger when he has 3 targets to choose from not 2.  And Fabregas is 50% better I'd say.
433 would be best (which is what our 523 morphs into whenever we are on top).

You are aware this is the typical behaviour of a 10 year old?

If you have not noticed over the past couple of seasons, how Fabregas has been a weakness defensively when playing in "the two" - be it 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1, then even for you that's a bit strange.

Back to the 3-4-3 for this, with starts for Moses, Fabregas and Willian. The latter deserves it after 3 goals in the past 2 games. At some point we're going to have to rest Alonso and Hazard. Maybe we could go with Willian-Morata-Pedro for this game?

Will be interesting to see which back 3 we'll play. Azpi is nailed on, as always. In terms of form, Andreas deserves the start but I do wonder if we'll rotate a bit. 

2 hours ago, jones said:

If you have not noticed over the past couple of seasons, how Fabregas has been a weakness defensively when playing in "the two" - be it 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1, then even for you that's a bit strange.

We won the league with Fabregas playing as one of the two in Jose's 4231, he was the best midfielder in the league.  By an absolute mile. 

He didn't play that much, certainly didn't start that many games last year but we relied on him massively in his limited time.  

He is a world class centre midfielder who's weaknesses are obvious but for some reason he gets criticised for them far more than others.  How much criticism does Kante get for not being able to pass the ball like Cesc or have his ability on the ball? He is what he is, and we should all be incredibly greatful for that but the stick he gets is insane.

He may be better suited to a 3 man midfield, in fact I would say he 100% is , and that is what we are all saying. It just appears some are happy with him being one of only two creative players out of 10. Others, like myself, think we would be much better off playing 433 if we are going to continue with such a defensive midfield.