• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Newcastle United 1

18 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:
33 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You mean the role of being the one in the back 8 who is asked to get forward into the box?  I'm sure they can both do that better than Drinkwater.

Pretty sure that's not what he meant. 

Probably not.  He does keep repeating the same old stuff irrespective of what others post.  But it was Paul's reply to me that he quoted and replied to, and I think I do know what we were talking about.

32 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:
37 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:
8 hours ago, paulw66 said:
On 12/2/2017 at 1:31 PM, Droy was my hero said:

A bit confused at Drinkwater mostly playing AM though.  He is good (a lot better than Baka) but we have better on the bench for that role.

Agreed. I am not sure what DD offers in that role. Why not just pick Pedro or Willian?

Because neither Willian or Pedro can play the CM position to the standard needed - be it tactically or positionally.

You mean the role of being the one in the back 8 who is asked to get forward into the box?  I'm sure they can both do that better than Drinkwater.

4 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

This. They operate on a entirely different scale to us. They can buy, buy, buy and not even have to entertain the idea of selling to cover the expenditure first. 

I think Iheanacho is probably the biggest sale they've had that I can recall. They managed to get around £25m for him this past summer. 

Annoyingly, I think they were on the point of selling Aguero because for some reason Pep had an issue with him. Jesus then got injured and Aguero stepped in and started scoring for fun and that was that ...Peps blind spot disappeared. They were also going to do a swop plus cash in a Sterling/Sanchez deal but something or other went tits up there at the last minute. Again rather annoyingly Sterling has stepped up a notch (and Sanchez has pulled his finger out for Arsenal).. 

Good fortune together with a bottomless pit of money is quite a lethal combo.

xCELERYx   
6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Pretty sure that's not what he meant. 

Saw Droy's reply because I was viewing the site without being logged in, but you're right Michael, it wasn't what I meant. But we all know how Droy is, so it comes as no surprise regarding his response. :)

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

Annoyingly, I think they were on the point of selling Aguero because for some reason Pep had an issue with him. Jesus then got injured and Aguero stepped in and started scoring for fun and that was that ...Peps blind spot disappeared. They were also going to do a swop plus cash in a Sterling/Sanchez deal but something or other went tits up there at the last minute. Again rather annoyingly Sterling has stepped up a notch (and Sanchez has pulled his finger out for Arsenal).. 

Good fortune together with a bottomless pit of money is quite a lethal combo.

And it will only get more annoying when they'll likely fork out even more to plug the defensive gaps they still have. 

Here's the last 10 years of spending.
(IN/OUT)

17/18 - 224.37m / 86.72m
16/17 - 191.70 / 31.82
15/16 - 191.61 / 60.69
14/15 - 79.47 / 27.56
13/14 - 104.40 / 10.17
12/13 - 55.76 / 39.87
11/12 - 78.35 / 26.73
10/11 - 164.21 / 33.44

Crazy really.

12 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

He does keep repeating the same old stuff irrespective of what others post.  But it was Paul's reply to me that he quoted and replied to, and I think I do know what we were talking about.

Nobody does that 'better' than you... nor quite as regularly!

6 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

And it will only get more annoying when they'll likely fork out even more to plug the defensive gaps they still have. 

Here's the last 10 years of spending.
(IN/OUT)

17/18 - 224.37m / 86.72m
16/17 - 191.70 / 31.82
15/16 - 191.61 / 60.69
14/15 - 79.47 / 27.56
13/14 - 104.40 / 10.17
12/13 - 55.76 / 39.87
11/12 - 78.35 / 26.73
10/11 - 164.21 / 33.44

Crazy really.

It's incredible how little stick they get compared to us when Romans money arrived here. I know teams like Liverpool like to encourage the myth that Chelsea were invented in 2003, but if you look at City's history before the money arrived there virtually wasn't any. When was their previous trophy?

Before Roman, Chelsea were winning domestic and European trophies, were doing well in the CL  and had a highest finish of 2nd in the PL... probably a bit better than the modern Arsenal actually. Against the odds we fought tooth and nail to achieve those things. By comparison, every single little thing City have achieved and will achieve is due to the money...massive amounts of it.  

14 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

It's incredible how little stick they get compared to us when Romans money arrived here. I know teams like Liverpool like to encourage the myth that Chelsea were invented in 2003, but if you look at City's history before the money arrived there virtually wasn't any. When was their previous trophy?

Before Roman, Chelsea were winning domestic and European trophies, were doing well in the CL  and had a highest finish of 2nd in the PL... probably a bit better than the modern Arsenal actually. Against the odds we fought tooth and nail to achieve those things. By comparison, every single little thing City have achieved and will achieve is due to the money...massive amounts of it.  

It would be nice just to treated the same as everyone else wouldn't it ? However , this has been going on since the early seventies IIRC , I remember asking my Dad why the Daily Mirror always had a nice story about Liverpool on one page and a negative one about Chelsea on the next.

The City Money is a hilarious one , every complaint the media falsely  tried to lay at our feet has been proven wrong ( buying the league / Buying players to stop them going to your rivals, Having a massive expensively assembled squad etc) whilst City , who are actually doing exactly this , nothing , not one word against them , praised to the high heavens everywhere you look.