• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Andreas Christensen

Lovely player, he is young and yet plays like a veteran. Can only think that playing alongside experienced guys like Azpilequeta (who he reminds me of) and Cahill can only make him better. I'm sure John Terry tipped him to be a big player a year or two back, decent eye for a player has JT.

Time Christensen put one or two of these headers away!

5 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

This is why Musonda hasn't been trusted and RLC needs to continue his current level, and possibly continue it for another year, before he'll be a realistic first team option.

Musonda was sent out on loan for 2 years.  He didn't make much of it.  Either he has been kept back this year because the club don't think he suits another loan, or he now ranks so low that he might as well act as deep back up and training partner for the first team.  In style he reminds of a long list of tricksy young wingers who peak at 19, and then take a long long time, if at all, to become proper players.  Kakuta, Quaresma, Gillespie.

For RLC, yes,  the only question is why he wasn't on loan before now.

5 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

This will continue until we change the club's footballing structure.

I think it continues for ever.  For all the talk of a Chelsea B, I doubt that that would actually work well, even if it were permitted.

The reason Christensen has made it is that he is a different level to all our other youth team players.

Your comparing the best young centre half in the world, who was always going to make it here or at another top European club, to players that might not even make it in the premier league. 

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

For RLC, yes,  the only question is why he wasn't on loan before now. 

Emenalo echoed your sentiment on talksport radio at -8:25 min mark here: https://talksport.com/football/I-needed-new-challenge-michael-emenalo-dismisses-claims-fall-out-over-transfers-led-chelsea 

As for Christensen, the maturity of his game is quite incredible for his age and reminds me more of Ricky Carvahlo than JT in his overall play. However, Christensen needs to work on those offensive headers - he'd have had at least 3 goals by now.

36 minutes ago, MikelBlue said:

Emenalo echoed your sentiment on talksport radio at -8:25 min mark here: https://talksport.com/football/I-needed-new-challenge-michael-emenalo-dismisses-claims-fall-out-over-transfers-led-chelsea 

As for Christensen, the maturity of his game is quite incredible for his age and reminds me more of Ricky Carvahlo than JT in his overall play. However, Christensen needs to work on those offensive headers - he'd have had at least 3 goals by now.

Thanks for that.  Modest guy by the sound of that.

Have linked a recent CTV documentary below . It is well worth a watch and highlights just how highly thought of he is at Chelsea. My heart skipped a beat at the end of the City game when Pep started whispering in his ear and giving him high praise afterwards. A new 5 year contract should be on the table because this guy could play for Barca, Madrid, Bayern or any other team in the world.

He has the composure  and passing ability of John Stones but defensively his reading of the game and concentration puts him leagues ahead. Most exciting of all is defenders tend to get better with age and experience. Where were Bonnuci, Ramos, Thiago Silva, Alderweireld, Boateng at 21? Certainly none were a regular at centre back for a side of our quality and I doubt any were at his level before the age of 25.

Edited by samhoward17

∧ Thanks for posting that video. Obviously very well regarded by the club from an early age. Comes across as a very level-headed and humble young man (I've read similar stuff about Tammy, too)

kev61   

I watched him Dublin against the the republic of Ireland.The greatest compliment I can make is he looks like a young JT.I tend to watch players when they are not on the ball when I'm at a match to assess their movement and awarenss (crazy I know)he was constantly looking around him to see where the dangers lay,that is a rare quality.I think we have a true gem in our midst

Edited by kev61