• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Andreas Christensen

1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I think the problem with Christensen was that the irrational manager we previously had dropped the far better player and excluded him from the squad in order to play him regularly - even as he constantly churned out 6/10 performances, he was never dropped. Then, he comes back this season and, instead of improving, he is still churning out 6/10 performances. 

Quite. 

At this point in time he's our CB4 by some distance. I'd argue that Ampadu isn't any worse... For Sarri, maybe even the better option. 

3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I'm starting to worry a lot about Christensen. He's annoyed he isn't first choice? 

I'd say he's pretty far from being first choice at the minute. He's sloppy in possession, slow and cumbersome and makes far too many mistakes. 

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/10/9/17954562/christensen-annoyed-running-out-of-patience-sitting-on-chelsea-bench

I would expect him to be unhappy about not playing but equally, if I was him, I'd be unhappy with myself for some very very poor performances last season. And hold on a cotton pickin' minute, we are barely 8/9 games into our season so I would button it at the moment Andreas. 

Conte dropped Luiz for spite and threw AC in at the deep end. Sadly it was too deep for him but he now needs to take a step back and take a good look at what's around him. Cahill is probably off, Luiz is no spring chicken and plays way better in a 3, Rudiger is good but not irreplaceable, Ampedu is 17. Get your head down mate and wait your turn....you're at one of the biggest clubs in the world.  

9 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Conte dropped Luiz for spite and threw AC in at the deep end. Sadly it was too deep for him but he now needs to take a step back and take a good look at what's around him. Cahill is probably off, Luiz is no spring chicken and plays way better in a 3, Rudiger is good but not irreplaceable, Ampedu is 17. Get your head down mate and wait your turn....you're at one of the biggest clubs in the world.  

I think increasingly Rudiger is irreplaceable.  We haven't seen that kind of pace in the back 4 since Gallas.  top top player.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

I think increasingly Rudiger is irreplaceable.  We haven't seen that kind of pace in the back 4 since Gallas.  top top player.

I really like him and I'm sure it won't be long before he is irreplaceable but I don't think he's quite yet the finished article in a back four. He was superb in our 3. Dave, Luiz and Ruddy was a great combo.

paulw66   

It never ceases to amaze this forum.........Christensen was brilliant last season, but a couple of errors in high profile games.

If we let a quality defender of his age go, it will be criminal. He is 22, played 20 times for Denmark, and 20 CL games

What is more, if we put him up for sale, you look who is in the queue...........it will be Barca, RM, Man City. Mark my words. 

when people complain about the lack of game time for RLC, they are the same age, but compare CVs 

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

Agreed. He seems to be the continued weakest link when he plays, last Thursday in particular. And now he is causing disruption in the squad.  Maybe time to get rid.

https://www.football365.com/news/annoyed-chelsea-player-what-I-cannot-stand-under-sarri

He's barely played !

It's amazing - on the one hand, "give the kids a chance" and then, "that  kid made a mistake, get rid" 

paulw66   
4 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I'm starting to worry a lot about Christensen. He's annoyed he isn't first choice? 

By the way, what is he supposed to say? I like not playing?

Sea foot   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

He's barely played !

It's amazing - on the one hand, "give the kids a chance" and then, "that  kid made a mistake, get rid" 

Quite.

• Like 1

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I think the problem with Christensen was that the irrational manager we previously had dropped the far better player and excluded him from the squad in order to play him regularly - even as he constantly churned out 6/10 performances, he was never dropped. Then, he comes back this season and, instead of improving, he is still churning out 6/10 performances. 

did you watch any Chelsea games last season?

It would be insane to get rid of him, but equally insane to say he's the finished article and his request to be reinstated in our back four should be complied with forthwith. Nobody is saying he's rubbish but if you can't see that he was often out of his depth last season when he replaced Luiz , then you are not looking at his performances closely enough. His time will come, but this season may not be it. Hardly an earth shattering opinion.