• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Andreas Christensen

20 hours ago, paulw66 said:

It never ceases to amaze this forum.........Christensen was brilliant last season, but a couple of errors in high profile games.

If we let a quality defender of his age go, it will be criminal. He is 22, played 20 times for Denmark, and 20 CL games

What is more, if we put him up for sale, you look who is in the queue...........it will be Barca, RM, Man City. Mark my words. 

when people complain about the lack of game time for RLC, they are the same age, but compare CVs 

Overreaction much? Who has said we need to get rid? I merely pointed out that on current form over the last 15 months he is quite clearly nowhere near our two best CBs. Fo rme he is CB4 by quite some distance away from Luiz, Rüdiger and Cahill. 

He has nowheere brilliant last season fo rme. Decent forst half, very poor second half of the season. For me a solid 6/10. The worrying part here is that I reckon he's started even worse this season. What does he add right now that three other CBs (at least) aren't doing A LOT better? He also comes across as fairly weak mentally. Not a great feat to have at this level...

20 hours ago, paulw66 said:

By the way, what is he supposed to say? I like not playing?

Maybe realising why he is not playing? Bitching about it make him out to be two things;

1. Out of touch with reality

2. Narcissistic 

If he would have realised why he is benched the whole interview would come across as a lot less arrogant. Clue - it is 100% his own fault and he cannot blame either of the two managers over the last two seasons 

5 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Maybe realising why he is not playing? Bitching about it make him out to be two things;

1. Out of touch with reality

2. Narcissistic 

If he would have realised why he is benched the whole interview would come across as a lot less arrogant. Clue - it is 100% his own fault and he cannot blame either of the two managers over the last two seasons 

Bitching about it most days in most places yes.  (But he clearly wasn't bitching about it if you read the text).
Highlighting the need to be playing regular club football at a press conference for the Danish press on the first day of International fortnight - that seems pretty reasonable to me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Bitching about it most days in most places yes.  (But he clearly wasn't bitching about it if you read the text).
Highlighting the need to be playing regular club football at a press conference for the Danish press on the first day of International fortnight - that seems pretty reasonable to me.

Can you read Danish? Have you read the original article? 

There's bitching and then there's stating you are unhappy you're not playing but you realise you have to do better to earn your spot. 

A 22-year old should not talk about his playing time in the manner Andreas did, especially since he is the only one to blame for his lack of minutes. Looking for scapegoats and claiming you have done enough to play makes you look like an entitled idiot.  

paulw66   
35 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

There's bitching and then there's stating you are unhappy you're not playing but you realise you have to do better to earn your spot. 

A 22-year old should not talk about his playing time in the manner Andreas did, especially since he is the only one to blame for his lack of minutes. Looking for scapegoats and claiming you have done enough to play makes you look like an entitled idiot.  

When did he do / say that?

Who was his scapegoat? Did he say he deserved to be playing? 

Can't see what in the attached link you are referring to https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11522628/andreas-christensen-warns-he-may-leave-chelsea-due-to-lack-of-games

Player wants to play. How awful. 

59 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

When did he do / say that?

Can't see what in the attached link you are referring to https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11522628/andreas-christensen-warns-he-may-leave-chelsea-due-to-lack-of-games

Player wants to play. How awful. 

“I had looked forward to getting our new manager. We play really good football, explosively and offensively all you can wish for. So that’s great, but it’s really annoying that I’m not on the pitch when it happens.”

“I had looked forward to getting our new manager. We play really good football, explosively and offensively all you can wish for. So that’s great, but it’s really annoying that I’m not on the pitch when it happens.”

“It has been a hard season. To be honest, it has been very difficult.

“I cannot stand to have so much patience again. Now I’m 22 years old and I really want to play. In the last three seasons, I’ve played full of the teams I’ve been on, so it’s clear that I do not see myself staying if my current situation is also true in the future.

“It’s too early to talk about when to change if I’m going to change. But it is clear that it is not a good situation for me."

Perhaps he could have said;

I haven't been able to perform to the level that is required to play ion one of the best teams in the world and I'm still young having seasoned professionals ahead of me in the pecking order from whom I can learn a lot. For me, his comments are way too much Lukaku and KDB and not enough Hazard.

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

ditto - can you, did you?

16 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

For me, his comments are way too much Lukaku and KDB and not enough Hazard.

All great players, and I would expect Hazard to have gone on loan like the others if he hadn't been the only one to get picked a lot.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Not answered I see.