• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Charly Musonda re-signs until 2022.

musonda-signs-new-deal.img.png

Musonda signs new deal

NEWSFRI 8 DEC 2017

Charly Musonda has today signed a new contract with the Blues.

The 21-year-old has established himself in Antonio Conte's first-team squad this season and scored on his full debut for the club, in a 5-1 win over Nottingham Forest in the Carabao Cup.

Upon signing the new deal, which will now run until 2022, Musonda said: ‘I am very happy and very proud. I came here very young and am very happy to continue my journey here. I love this club so it’s a great moment for me and my family. Now I want to establish myself and progress into the team and stay here permanently.’

Club director Marina Granovskaia said: ‘We are very happy Charly has committed his future to the club. He is an exciting talent who we believe can develop into an important first-team player and we hope he will be a part of Chelsea’s successes for a long time to come.’

A Belgian international at five age groups from Under-15 to Under-21, Musonda won the FA Youth Cup twice with the Blues Academy, as well as the Under-21 Premier League and UEFA Youth League.

A skilful attacking midfielder who can play as a No10 or an out-and-out winger, he had loan spells with Real Betis in the Spanish top flight during the 2015/16 and 2016/17 seasons.

Musonda made his Premier League debut as a substitute on the opening day of this season and has five first-team appearances to his name. 

Good news , I think he needs a good few games or a decent loan but has talent .

Mike Clattenburg

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42219327

Finally, fxxcken finally a referee grows some balls to speak the truth to Spurs.  Still should have done justice then these afterthoughts help no one except some affirmation of what we a thought at the time.

Apologies if this has been posted before.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:12 AM, Mark Kelly said:

Good news , I think he needs a good few games or a decent loan but has talent .

Loan?

He has been given an upgraded contract to loan him out? he would be addition to our 30-50 already out. How does this help the lad or our first team I don't know. He is already 21 so,Quite possibly Anywhere he goes he would have less completion, more playing time against poorer oppositions. He needs to work his socks off.

Loans don't work as we both know.

1 hour ago, earthshine said:

Loan?

He has been given an upgraded contract to loan him out? he would be addition to our 30-50 already out. How does this help the lad or our first team I don't know. He is already 21 so,Quite possibly Anywhere he goes he would have less completion, more playing time against poorer oppositions. He needs to work his socks off.

Well, a loan worked for Christensen and Musonda has hardly played so although I'd rather keep him I can't see how sitting idly by is going to improve anyone.

Maybe the quality of the loan is the important bit?

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well, a loan worked for Christensen and Musonda has hardly played so although I'd rather keep him I can't see how sitting idly by is going to improve anyone.

The new contract spells one thing for me - the player has made noises about leaving due to not being given a chance. I think the club is trying to protect his value. 

I predict he's not here this time next year.

6 hours ago, earthshine said:

I'm afraid that is like saying A-levels or Driving tests don't work because so many people fail them.  That Musonda went on loan for 2 years and it wasn't a great success IMO meant that the loan did work.  it did tell us what we need to know about him.

Most young players do fail.  Musonda was incredibly hyped at 15, and hasn't really advance much since.  Hard to blame the club for that.

But certainly he has drawn the short stick by being kept back at the club right now - just as RLC was in recent years.  Playing is what he needs.

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Rather matching the club loaned to with the abilities of the player.  Chalobah not playing at Juve for a year was a disaster.  Abraham at Bristol City was great.

paulw66   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Rather matching the club loaned to with the abilities of the player.  Chalobah not playing at Juve for a year was a disaster.  Abraham at Bristol City was great.

Particularly as he was at Napoli.

Not playing whilst on loan is a disaster full stop, irrespective of where it is. Baker at Boro, Kenedy at watford 

jones   

Hearing Musonda is already Monaco bound (to link up with Emenalo). Could be a good move for him. This season was too early for him sadly, and he probably needs at least 18 months of good development on loan to be involved in the first team discussion again.