• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Huddersfield Town 1 Chelsea 3

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Huddersfield Town at John Smith's Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00, Tuesday, 12th December, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

Sea foot   

Saturday Michael?

It'll be a dire 1:1 draw or a rampant 5:0 to us. Absolutely no way to predict this.

Bring on Bats, he needs a chance and this is the perfect opportunity for him.

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

We're losing this.

It is certainly one of those cliff-edge moments when a lot could start to go wrong suddenly.  Several announced injuries.  Quite a few hidden ones I suspect, and a fair few games to go before our first week's break.

If one were to predict a moment, given the squad back on Sept 1st,  where it might all go pair shape, right now would be that moment.

Rob B   

Huge over-reaction here. 

Our form before West Ham (which had banana skin all over btw - new manager, early KO, mid-week game etc) was really good and I fully expect us to be back at it for this one.

Now that’s not to say that there aren’t learnings to be made because there are. I would start Michy for this one, whilst also bringing Pedro and Rudiger in.  Drinkwater also plays if he’s recovered from his illness 

31 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It is certainly one of those cliff-edge moments when a lot could start to go wrong suddenly.  Several announced injuries.  Quite a few hidden ones I suspect, and a fair few games to go before our first week's break.

If one were to predict a moment, given the squad back on Sept 1st,  where it might all go pair shape, right now would be that moment.

They like a high press , it's a cold Tuesday in midweek , we're hiding Injuries from plain site , Morata currently couldn't hit a cow's bum with a banjo , a vocal and partisan crowd . The omens are bad.

Maybe if we try Michy in partnership with someone as he cannot lead the line on his own. 

So the biggest PL game of the season for both these two clubs.  One chooses 424.  the other chooses 415 (away from home).
The FBs too are about as attacking as you can get - Walker and Delph for City, 2 ex-wingers for Man U.

Mata, Ibrahimovic and Aguero on the bench.
I wonder what we will put out against Huddersfield.

image.png.96b969734b3e4dd5f209bdd6ebd1c9f9.png

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So the biggest PL game of the season for both these two clubs.  One chooses 424.  the other chooses 415 (away from home).
The FBs too are about as attacking as you can get - Walker and Delph for City, 2 ex-wingers for Man U.

Mata, Ibrahimovic and Aguero on the bench.
I wonder what we will put out against Huddersfield.

I'd wait and see how United play before you start crowing ;-)

27 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'd wait and see how United play before you start crowing ;-)

JM already answered that.  You defend with 11 players and attack with 11 players.  It isn't the formation that counts, it is the balance of the players.