• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Huddersfield Town 1 Chelsea 3

Morata out is potentially a blessing in disguise, it gives him a break and it forces Conte to change things.

Personally I'd like to see Bats partner Hazard to give him the chance in a 2 up front, which is how I think he's better and I'l like to see the following:

Courtois

Azpi Christensen Rudiger

Moses Drinkwater Fabregas Kante Alonso

Hazard Batshuayi

Bench: Caballero, Cahill, Zappacosta, Ampadu, Bakayoko, Pedro, Willian

I hope we get a comfortable lead in decent time so that we can then give Pedro and Willian a run out in a more attacking formation, to see how it works. I'd also like to see Ampadu come on ahead of Bakayoko if changes get made in the midfield... never going to happen though.

Win for Chelsea, early goal, 3-0

2 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

Hopefully Bats gets a start then and someone to kid Hazard its a champions league tie against glamourous oppo.

Perhaps the link to stream the game above can be sent to Zidane and Hazard told about it!

• Like 1

Conte has become increasingly candid about the tiredness he believes is dogging his squad; the January window presents a chance to ease the load but he appeared to suggest he has limited influence in transfer dealings when asked whether conversations had taken place.

“We can have an idea but you can have an idea in summer [too],” he said. “But the final decision is always the club’s. That will be the same in January. It is right to do this: I’m only the coach, not the sporting director or manager.”

So now it's official that the team is knackered before the heavy part of the season even starts, Conte looks like he is trying to distance himself from the reasons this has happened: "I'm only the coach" . He might as well slip the old tracksuit back on now.

On Morata's absence : "he's a bit tired and has a bit of a bad back".  Sounds like an excuse millions give for not turning up for work when they don't feel like it. Or could it be he's simply been dropped. 

All season I've been clinging onto the faint hope that we could get to the Jan window in time to make some reinforcements. No chance. City have gone into the distance and right now the Pool, Arsenal and Spurs look fresher and hungrier. After last season what a crying bloody shame. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

Rob B   

24 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

All season I've been clinging onto the faint hope that we could get to the Jan window in time to make some reinforcements. No chance. City have gone into the distance and right now the Pool, Arsenal and Spurs look fresher and hungrier. After last season what a crying bloody shame. 

Thanks Nobly, interesting quotes.

Apologies to be pedantic but just to pick you up on your point at the end, as I saw a few people post this after the weekend’s defeat - I don’t think Arsenal, Spurs or Liverpool do look fresher or hungrier at all.

In fact, since the start of November, Arsenal have lost to United and City, and drew with Southampton.

Spurs have lost to Arsenal and Leicester, whilst drawing with West Brom and Watford (they also got beat by Dortmund)

And Liverpool have just drawn with Everton, having also drawn with us and Sevilla last month.

I think we’ll be absolutely fine for top 4, if anything, we should have our sights on pipping Man United to second place.

10 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Thanks Nobly, interesting quotes.

Apologies to be pedantic but just to pick you up on your point at the end, as I saw a few people post this after the weekend’s defeat - I don’t think Arsenal, Spurs or Liverpool do look fresher or hungrier at all.

In fact, since the start of November, Arsenal have lost to United and City, and drew with Southampton.

Spurs have lost to Arsenal and Leicester, whilst drawing with West Brom and Watford (they also got beat by Dortmund)

And Liverpool have just drawn with Everton, having also drawn with us and Sevilla last month.

I think we’ll be absolutely fine for top 4, if anything, we should have our sights on pipping Man United to second place.

Well I certainly need to cheer my bloody self up (after all it's nearly Christmas!!). More than anything I hope you're right and I'm wrong because I couldn't bear the Pool finishing above us. Those teams I mentioned seem to be scoring for fun right now (Everton game aside).I just have this feeling that all this season we have been clinging on by our fingertips and tonight there's some bloke with a hammer looking down on our frozen clinging fingertips thinking to himself "shall I or shan't I?". 

I've got the band Christmas meal tonight so I won't see the game unfortunately. I will try a few sneak peeks now and then on my phone. A nice 3-0 will help the digestion no end! (I'll be sitting with a gooner one side and a Manure supporter the other!!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

Conte has become increasingly candid about the tiredness he believes is dogging his squad; the January window presents a chance to ease the load but he appeared to suggest he has limited influence in transfer dealings when asked whether conversations had taken place.

So now it's official that the team is knackered before the heavy part of the season even starts, Conte looks like he is trying to distance himself from the reasons this has happened: "I'm only the coach" . He might as well slip the old tracksuit back on now.

Well certainly you'd expect it to be knackered, and who is going to be up for a freezing mid-week away day in Huddersfield.  A fair assumption by the hack.

But a completely false story too.  What on earth does "increasingly candid" mean?  Does that mean Conte is now denying the Journalists strongly held idea of truth with less commitment than before?  I have lost count of the number of times I have heard hacks and ex-players complain about how Conte continues to moan about tiredness and lack of players.  Count the times he has moaned - still zero.

Conte is not a whinger in public, no matter how knackered they are in reality.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Agreed.  If we collapse this season, right now in the middle of a tough run would be an appropriate place to do so.
But it hasn't happened yet (though I still suspect it will).  The end is near.... .. Same time tomorrow

I think its unfair how much stick we are getting to be perfectly honest. Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and United are not doing too great either by any means yet all the pressure seems to be on Conte based on the headlines I am seeing. Where we are is entirely deserved because we are clearly a team in transition. It feels like heading into this one that Conte needs a big scoreline more than the team itself when in reality that shouldn't be the case at all because we have done pretty ok so far given the changes that happened over the summer.

41 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well certainly you'd expect it to be knackered, and who is going to be up for a freezing mid-week away day in Huddersfield.  A fair assumption by the hack.

But a completely false story too.  What on earth does "increasingly candid" mean?  Does that mean Conte is now denying the Journalists strongly held idea of truth with less commitment than before?  I have lost count of the number of times I have heard hacks and ex-players complain about how Conte continues to moan about tiredness and lack of players.  Count the times he has moaned - still zero.

Conte is not a whinger in public, no matter how knackered they are in reality.

Just to clarify Droy, the second part of that post was me commenting on the first bit . The Guardian bit is in italics.  It was me saying the team looks knackered , not the hack!

However, what he said about not being responsible for transfers etc has been widely quoted. I mean , I suppose I could do a Donald Trump and deny I wrote this post (it was my lawyer or Mrs Nobly) , but at some point you can judge the truth about what has been said or quoted; If it has been denied by the person then I just ignore it.  Conte has picked his words carefully and he hasn't whinged, but he has made his point IMO.