• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Southampton 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Southampton at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Saturday 16th December, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

jones   

Fabregas and Morata back in it. I'd like to continue with Rudiger over Cahill, and Willian has to start after his great performance mid-week. Harsh on Bakayoko who delivered after a string of poor results, but we need an attacking side for this:

Courtois

Azpi Christensen Rudiger

Moses Fabregas Kante Alonso

Willian Morata Hazard

Well Southampton had a bit of a mare during the week especially their keeper. Sods law means he has a blinder against us, always see the saints as a tricky home game for us somehow. Think we need to be on our game for this one.

On 12/14/2017 at 9:17 AM, jones said:

Courtois

Azpi Christensen Rudiger

Moses Fabregas Kante Alonso

Willian Morata Hazard

For me, Morata starts on the bench.  And I'd have to find a way to include one of  Bakayoko or Drinkwater in the starting lineup (probably the latter). 

xCELERYx   

Courtois
             Azpi - Christensen - Rudiger
Moses - Drinkwater - Fabregas - Kante - Alonso
                    Hazard - Batshuayi

or

Courtois
             Azpi - Christensen - Rudiger
Moses - Drinkwater  - Kante - Alonso
           Willian - Hazard - Pedro

I'd take the gamble of leaving Morata out of the side and starting Batshuayi in a 352 system. World play neither if we line up with 343 and stick with the trio that started at Huddersfield - although a risk itself. 

Drinkwater in for Bakayoko on both accounts. Fabregas would need to be dropped unfortunately if we're to play 343 because of his lack of mobility and speed leaving us too exposed. 

And if the itch of being super bold strikes I'd bring in Zappacosta for Alonso in the 352.

27 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Drinkwater in for Bakayoko on both accounts. Fabregas would need to be dropped unfortunately if we're to play 343 because of his lack of mobility and speed leaving us too exposed. 

Myth

8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Myth

It's not a myth whatsoever , he cannot hack it in a two man midfield , I love the guy  but he simply cannot do it.

I think you're getting caught  up in your haste to automatically gainsay anything Zaffo posts because he had the temerity to actually watch Italian football and offer some real insight into the way Conte achieved so much with Juventus.

It's getting more tiresome by the day. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

Sea foot   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's not a myth whatsoever , he cannot hack it in a two man midfield , I love the guy  but he simply cannot do it.

I think you're getting caught  up in your haste to automatically gainsay anything Zaffo posts because he had the temerity to actually watch Italian football and offer some real insight into the way Conte achieved so much with Juventus.

It's getting more tiresome by the day. 

Not just me that's noticed it then.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

It isn't "him" that does it.  it is the back 7 that does it.  If you wanted to tell me he couldn't do it in a back 5 or 6, I would listen.

Moreover it is precisely Fabregas who stops opponents coming forward in numbers.  That much is very clear to anyone.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think you're getting caught  up in your haste to automatically gainsay anything Zaffo posts

Thought you might say that.  

47 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Thought you might say that.  

Thanks , it's always nice to be recognized when you try and stop cyber bullying.