• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Bournemouth 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Carabao Cup match against Bournemouth at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Wednesday 20th December, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

Time for complete rotation and chances for youngsters:

Caballero

Rüdiger Ampadu Clarke-Salter

Zappacosta Fabregas Drinkwater Kenedy

Pedro Batshuayi Musonda

Subs: Eduardo, Azpilicueta, Sterling, Bakayoko, Scott, Willian, Hudson-Odoi

• Like 1

I think Chiswickblue won't be far off.  And Everton, who have quite a few, will probably put in 5 or so U21s too.  I'd have thought one experiended CB would be in, but then Rudiger, Ampadu and JCS probably have more claim to a game than anyone else.

Brilliant if Hudson-Odoi gets a few minutes

33 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think Chiswickblue won't be far off.  And Everton, who have quite a few, will probably put in 5 or so U21s too.  I'd have thought one experiended CB would be in, but then Rudiger, Ampadu and JCS probably have more claim to a game than anyone else.

Brilliant if Hudson-Odoi gets a few minutes

It was the team I'd like to see but given the club only incentivises the first team coach to look to the immediate future and little else I don't think there's any chance of so many young players being involved.

Although really the last thing we need is two more midweek matches so I'd say it would be to our short-term advantage to play as weak a team as possible!

Rob B   

Think it’ll be something like this...

Cabalerro

Rudiger  Christensen  Cahill 

Moses  Fabregas  Drinkwater  Kennedy

Willian  Michy  Musonda

35 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

It was the team I'd like to see but given the club only incentivises the first team coach to look to the immediate future and little else I don't think there's any chance of so many young players being involved.

Although really the last thing we need is two more midweek matches so I'd say it would be to our short-term advantage to play as weak a team as possible!

Might well be a game of after-you Claude - please win.  I think Bournemouth (not Everton as someone erroneously said earlier - me)   need the extra games less than us.

They play football the "right way" apparently.

Perhaps they should try playing it the wrong way.

It's an odd one this one, my feeling with the League Cup is that once you get to this stage, you may as well try and win it as you've had a few extra midweek games already, so why not take the cup at the end of it... but equally we need to rest player. I would expect something like this:

Caballero

Rudiger Christensen Cahill

Zappacosta Ampidu Fabregas Drinkwater Kennedy

Batshuayi Morata

Subs: Eduardo, Clarke-Salter, Moses, Bakayoko, Scott, Willian, Pedro

I think that should be more than enough to win as I don't expect we'll be seeing Bournemouth's starting 11