Chelsea 2 Bournemouth 1

Holymoly   
20 hours ago, Rob B said:

Think it’ll be something like this...

Cabalerro

Rudiger  Christensen  Cahill 

Moses  Fabregas  Drinkwater  Kennedy

Willian  Michy  Musonda

I'd say Monsieur Hulot needs all the practice he can get between the sticks.

13 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I'd say Monsieur Hulot needs all the practice he can get between the sticks.

Glad its not just me then ( on both counts )

6 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It's an odd one this one, my feeling with the League Cup is that once you get to this stage, you may as well try and win it as you've had a few extra midweek games already, so why not take the cup at the end of it... but equally we need to rest player. I would expect something like this:

So if we get to the semis, we can go for the LC and throw away the FAC instead. Sounds fair enough.
Actually that explains the incredible long term record of the big teams in the LC as compared to the FAC.  It doesn't clash with the big European nights much.

It is a 2 leg semi, though.

Personally, I think it is best to stick to what we have been doing in previous rounds and give the main players a rest. For me the team should be: 

Willy

Rudiger Luiz/Chrsitensen Cahill 

Zappa/Moses Kenedy

Drinkwater Bakayoko 

Musonda Willian 

Bats 

Subs: Courtois, Dave, Zappa/Moses, Cesc, Pedro, Hazard, Morata

To be honest, Bournemouth are not great at the moment with their defending being particularly horrendous at times, so even with so many changes I think we could still win. Additionally, whilst I am actually fairly content with 352, I think 343 would be best for this one.

GURJ SS   

I'd like to see...

Starting XI:

Caballero

Zappa, Rudi, Chris, Kenedy

Cesc, Ampadu, Drink

Musonda

Bats, Morata

Subs: Eduardo, Clarke-Salter, Sterling, Scott, Hudson-Odoi, K.Hazard, Willian

What we'll probably see...

Courtois; Azpi, Chris, Cahill; Moses, Kante, Baka, Alonso; Willian, Hazard, Pedro;

Caballero, Zappa, Rudi, Drink, Cesc, Morata, Bats

Southampton had shipped 4 prior to their narrow defeat on saturday. So on that basis Bournemouth will suddenly remember to defend against us and we will have to really work for a win. We need to start getting more clinical.

Sea foot   
2 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

Southampton had shipped 4 prior to their narrow defeat on saturday. So on that basis Bournemouth will suddenly remember to defend against us and we will have to really work for a win. We need to start getting more clinical.

Yeah but sometimes it works against you when a team has just been shafted like that (sorry Droy) as they work really hard on getting their defence a bit more solid. It was obviously their only game plan.

Edited by Sea foot
Replacing a couple of there's with a couple of theirs.

1 hour ago, Sea foot said:

Yeah but sometimes it works against you when a team has just been shafted like that (sorry Droy) as they work really hard on getting their defence a bit more solid. It was obviously their only game plan.

More to do with our presence in their half.  WHU are another struggling team but not only were they confident on the ball, they even pushed up 3 players into our half and chased our CBs about the pitch.  They could do that because the threat was long distance to our front 2, and there was no effort to press their defenders.
Against Southampton the 3 amigos made life a nightmare for Southamptons defenders who could barely give the ball away quick enough.

That's why Southampton defended so deep, and that is why it was such an easy game with such total domination for us.  (that we struggled to score is another issue entirely)