• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Bournemouth 1

Conte: Mixing it up

NEWSTUE 19 DEC 2017

Antonio Conte has confirmed that he will make changes to his side for tomorrow night’s Carabao Cup clash with Bournemouth.

We host the Cherries at Stamford Bridge looking to reach the semi-finals of the competition, following earlier round victories over Nottingham Forest and Everton.

Speaking at his press conference, the Italian hinted at making a number of changes to the starting line-up while confirming that Michy Batshuayi and Kenedy will definitely start.

‘For sure, we will continue in this way,’ Conte explained. ‘It’s right to continue to give this opportunity to my players to show me that they deserve to play.

‘Every competition is serious and our task is to try and win the game, to reach the semi-finals. It’s right in this competition to give the opportunity to the players that aren’t playing with regularity. This is very important.

‘It’s very difficult to ask your players to play every game. [N’Golo] Kante has played 10 games in a row. When you do this, you take a great risk with injury.’

The boss was asked further about the injury news ahead of the game, explaining that Alvaro Morata is fine and that he has no fresh injury concerns heading into the tie.

Morata is okay. He had a problem with his back before the West Ham game but he is working very well, he’s finding his best form but tomorrow I want to give a chance to Batshuayi.

‘[Charly] Musonda has a little muscular problem in his groin. That isn’t from today, it's from before the game against Southampton.

‘He’s out and David Luiz has an old injury also, but other than that, there are no other injury worries.’

Conte also added that Chelsea Academy players Dujon Sterling and Callum Hudson-Odoi may be named in the matchday squad, with Ethan Ampadu a possible starter.

‘These players could be involved, why not. These players are the future for Chelsea.

‘Sterling is a really good player, Hudson-Odoi won the U20 World Cup. Ampadu played the last round against Everton, maybe he could start tomorrow.

‘Every day Ampadu is working with us and working hard. I must consider the young players, if they deserve to have this chance.’

I can't believe Musonda wouldn't want to start this one so much he'd take an injection or two.  He isn't going to play in any other game till May anyway.

Still I really look forward to seeing Hudson-Odoi and Sterling.  
I guess Ampadu will spend his first three seasons here getting his club trained status.  Not ideal for him.  On and off our bench, on and off the Welsh bench - he have been better staying an Englishman, at least he'd be playing age group national team regularly.

jones   

Caballero

Rudiger Ampadu Cahill

Zappacosta Bakayoko Drinkwater Kenedy

Willian Batshuayi Pedro

Basically resting 9 players for Everton, where only Willian and Cahill starts.

On 12/17/2017 at 3:13 PM, chiswickblue said:

Time for complete rotation and chances for youngsters:

Caballero

Rüdiger Ampadu Clarke-Salter

Zappacosta Fabregas Drinkwater Kenedy

Pedro Batshuayi Musonda

Subs: Eduardo, Azpilicueta, Sterling, Bakayoko, Scott, Willian, Hudson-Odoi

I wasn't far off.

Confirmed team is:

Caballero

Rüdiger Ampadu Cahill

Zappacosta Fabregas Drinkwater Kenedy

Pedro Batshuayi Willian

Subs: Eduardo, Clarke-Salter, Sterling, Bakayoko, Hazard, Morata, Hudson-Odoi

Ham   

Bein Sports HD12 if you can find a way. 

Fabregas has been appalling tonight. Ampadu and Willian in a class of their own. 

20171220_210917.jpg

xCELERYx   

Missed the first half so only caught the second. We've been trash thus far and cannot string two passes together. Hard to imagine we played well in the first half based on what's being witnessed currently, let alone be in the lead.