• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Everton at Goodison Park, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:30, Saturday, 23rd December, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

Rob B   

No Morata then, and don’t suspect Michy did enough versus Bournemouth, so expect to see the Hazard, Willian and Pedro up top

Wont be an easy game this. We seem to be struggling to put teams to bed, combined with Big Sam going in and sorting out their defence.

Add in the early KO and this has banana skin written all over it 

I see us losing this one, especially as Morata is out for a ridiculous yellow card. My guess at the team would be: 

Courtois

Dave Christensen Cahill 

Moses Alonso

Kante Bakayoko Drinkwater 

Willian Hazard

jones   

What a blow to lose Morata! Is it not a allowed to put the ball under your shirt? Ridiculous!

Back to 3-4-3 with fals nine then. Michy won't be starting, that's for sure!

Team will be: Courtois - Dave Christensen Cahill - Moses Kante Bakayoko Alonso - Willian Hazard Pedro

A lot of fresh legs is positive, but confidence is back at Everton and Goodison is always tough. Need Hazard to step up and show his X factor. Will be really happy with a win, as this is Allardyce's first real test and they will be so up for it.

Another early kick off , another team back from the dead , another partisan atmosphere , another game without Morata .

I do hope we don't get "out tacticed" by that ass hat .

It's all going to be down to our attitude and in all honesty I'm not confident we'll be able to match them for desire.

We have the class but not the heart.

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Another early kick off , another team back from the dead , another partisan atmosphere , another game without Morata .

I do hope we don't get "out tacticed" by that ass hat .

It's all going to be down to our attitude and in all honesty I'm not confident we'll be able to match them for desire.

We have the class but not the heart.

Yeah I don’t see it going well either .

Conte's already drawn reference to the fact that we apparently never lost when he started with Pedro, Willian and Hazard so I dont think anyone should bother listing Michy in their predicted lineups.

Danny Drinkwater seems to be second choice to Bakayoko presently and I can't say that Danny covered himself in glory yesterday starting over Bakayoko either so I'm not sure anyone can blame Conte if its Bakayoko starting again instead of Danny.

Everton may be on the rise but I can't help but look forward to this game. It is usually a very tough game and we have done well in tough games this season (Atleti, United, Tottenham, Liverpool). Ill settle for another good performance even if it doesn't necessarily result in a win.

Blue Rod   

We seem predictable these days. But there is nothing more predictable about Chelsea than us conceding a goal when Bakayoko starts. I dread us facing Barcelona with him in the lineup. We would be better off playing 10 against 1.

Conte showed he is capable of ringing changes when he shook up the formation after the Arsenal defeat last season. He needs to do the same about our offensive game. We are very poor on this front. Fabregas' medium and long distance passes  are now so easily dealt with. And we don't seem to match even the lowest PL with speed and intensity.  

On 12/21/2017 at 10:15 AM, jones said:

Team will be: Courtois - Dave Christensen Cahill - Moses Kante Bakayoko Alonso - Willian Hazard Pedro

Yes, barring Conte throwing a curveball, I think that you've nailed it. Right now, that's the lineup that makes most sense, and gives the greatest confidence. I'd still lean towards Drinkwater in place of Bakayaro, but that's just me........:).