• Current Donation Goals

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Why  did he fail twice.

i know what you mean, Kev, but I don't see accusing Jose of failing twice is really fair, is it? During his first spell, we rode high and mighty for a couple of exhilarating seasons - in the UK, at least. It was (and remains imo) heady stuff of which we should be proud, and for which we should be thankful to both Roman and Jose. i agree that he seemed to lose the plot later (and especially when Grant was brought it), but for me that doesn't detract from his achievements. 

Second time around, even with another title, was a mistake imo - both for him and Roman. But again, he hardly 'failed twice', imo.

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

I know what you mean, Kev, but I don't see accusing Jose of failing twice is really fair, is it? During his first spell, we rode high and mighty for a couple of exhilarating seasons - in the UK, at least. It was (and remains imo) heady stuff of which we should be proud, and for which we should be thankful to both Roman and Jose. I agree that he seemed to lose the plot later (and especially when Grant was brought it), but for me that doesn't detract from his achievements. 

Second time around, even with another title, was a mistake imo - both for him and Roman. But again, he hardly 'failed twice', imo.

I could be wrong, but I perceived what Kev said to be more in regards to the way the performances nose dived under Mourinho and his inability to turn things around. Instead, he persisted with what clearly wasn't working until it landed him out of a job - twice. Not so much saying he failed in an overall sense over both spells, but quite clearly he was successful, which in turn meant we were successful too in that time.  

Blue Rod   
On 23/12/2017 at 10:19 PM, Sleeping Dave said:

Not surprising in the slightest. 

Three attacking players and seven players who are there mostly to defend and we are surprised we can't buy a goal? 

Its been a long time coming but the squad is now finally a squad that is utterly devoid of any attacking intent and the few we have aren't even enough to populate a proper match day squad. And people bitched we were defensive under Jose - sometime you should be careful what you wish for. 

Zappacosta, Rudiger, Bats, Bakayoko and Drinkwater cost us £160m. Money not so well spent would be a pretty gross understatement. Average back-up players that aren't making us materially better. How do we manage? I mean, you'd have to try pretty hard to do worse for that sort of money. 

Where are the players who make a difference? Going elsewhere is the answer while we continue to spend a kings ransom on defensive players and sub-par squad players. 

Next summer is make or break for us. I suggest we give control to someone who knows what the **** they're doing. 

Edit: just imagine what we will be once Willian has had enough of being back-up to Bakayoko and Hazard tired of being kicked to pieces because he's the only player we have who is good enough to function in a Conte team and create. It's such a dire situation and criminal we find ourselves in this situation given last season. 

We're obviously not in the same league as Manchester United when it comes to spending lots of money and not getting close to a major trophy. 

Zapacosta is strong and can hit a hard cross.  He just needs to direct it towards his team mates. 

Bakayoko - I see neither skill nor athleticism in the player. I really see nothing. Someone mentioned that he is athletic.  May be he looks it, but I don't see him expressing it in any form. 

Rudiger is a fine solid defender, quick, strong and has bags of stamina. He will get even better. Any defender can make a mistake. David Luiz does one every other match.

Bats promised something but I don't think he'll ever be good enough for Chelsea. If I were a new manager Bats and Bakayoko would definitely get off the train. 

10 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I know what you mean, Kev, but I don't see accusing Jose of failing twice is really fair, is it?

I think he means 2nd place with 83 points in 2007 and 3rd with 82 points in 2014.  

Either that or he is going down Blue Rod's line of saying how he left rubbish teams behind with no decent players.  

20 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I know what you mean, Kev, but I don't see accusing Jose of failing twice is really fair, is it? During his first spell, we rode high and mighty for a couple of exhilarating seasons - in the UK, at least. It was (and remains imo) heady stuff of which we should be proud, and for which we should be thankful to both Roman and Jose. I agree that he seemed to lose the plot later (and especially when Grant was brought it), but for me that doesn't detract from his achievements. 

Second time around he failed to avoid defeat for 9 out of 16 games, failure by his lofty standards. the man is a chelsea legend but some of us decline to worship at his altar.

5 minutes ago, kennypaul said:

Second time around he failed to avoid defeat for 9 out of 16 games, failure by his lofty standards. the man is a chelsea legend but some of us decline to worship at his altar.

Nobody's talking about 'worshiping at his altar', and it's certainly not something I do (although, yes there are some who do, to has to be said). But claiming that he's failed twice at Chelsea (which is where I came in) is a major stretch, and defies logic, considering the array of silverware he help bring to the club. I don't want him back, but I was damn glad he was here.