• Current Donation Goals

21 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Fabregas instead of either. 

Good for you.

21 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

just what is the point of having 3CBs and Kante if you can't find room for Fabregas?

Sort of depends what's going on up field, I'd have guessed. 

paulw66   
13 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

We seem predictable these days. But there is nothing more predictable about Chelsea than us conceding a goal when Bakayoko starts. I dread us facing Barcelona with him in the lineup. We would be better off playing 10 against 1.

Conte showed he is capable of ringing changes when he shook up the formation after the Arsenal defeat last season. He needs to do the same about our offensive game. We are very poor on this front. Fabregas' medium and long distance passes  are now so easily dealt with. And we don't seem to match even the lowest PL with speed and intensity.  

Do you get any joy from following Chelsea? We have won 8 out of the last 10 league games, but from reading your post, it seems like we have lost 8 out of 10. 

Tricky game this one, an Everton team on the up with Big Sam in charge, we're without Morata which means we'll go with the 3 up top again, leaving 2 in midfield which means we either play Fabregas and lose that battle or play Bakayoko who hasn't been the most convincing so far this season, at least not consistently.

We need to be so up for this if we're to have a chance and with this team, an early kick off close to Christmas, I just don't know if they will be. I hope they will, but I think Everton may well show more want in this one and that may get them a result or at least a draw.

Team will be:

Courtois

Azpi Christensen Cahill

Moses Kante Bakayoko Alonso

Pedro Hazard Willian

Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Ampidu, Zappacosta, Kenedy, Fabregas, Batshuayi

1-1 final score is my guess with a goal from one of our back 3

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Do you get any joy from following Chelsea? We have won 8 out of the last 10 league games, but from reading your post, it seems like we have lost 8 out of 10. 

I think the point being made is that despite results, we've not really performanced well overall. Defensively we've been inconsistent and that's resulted in soft goals conceded. Offensively, we've showcased our inability to either break down sides or take enough of the chances we do create. In all honesty, we've been exceptionally wasteful in front of goal this season so far. Between starting the season without Hazard. Pedro and Willian being non-factors until the last couple of weeks with poor form, and Morata's patches of inconsistency. We've not really looked convincing for a spell of games. Which makes for a hard slog of things. 

Just as it looks like we'll turn the corner we slip up and have to start again. Credit however is due for still getting enough results during this period. That's not always easy to do. 

paulw66   
57 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

I think the point being made is that despite results, we've not really performanced well overall. Defensively we've been inconsistent and that's resulted in soft goals conceded. Offensively, we've showcased our inability to either break down sides or take enough of the chances we do create. In all honesty, we've been exceptionally wasteful in front of goal this season so far. Between starting the season without Hazard. Pedro and Willian being non-factors until the last couple of weeks with poor form, and Morata's patches of inconsistency. We've not really looked convincing for a spell of games. Which makes for a hard slog of things. 

Just as it looks like we'll turn the corner we slip up and have to start again. Credit however is due for still getting enough results during this period. That's not always easy to do. 

It hasn't been scintilating at times but 25 points from 10 games is about as much as can be expected. That is 95 points a season pro rata......... the fact that Qatar FC are unstoppable is out of our hands. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It hasn't been scintilating at times but 25 points from 10 games is about as much as can be expected. That is 95 points a season pro rata......... the fact that Qatar FC are unstoppable is out of our hands. 

Since when did PSG move to the Premier League? :happy:

I guess you meant Abu Dhabi FC...

Sciatika   

I wonder which one of them is going to spend the time kicking Hazard or whether they will take it in turns.

The usual tag team approach, I suspect. Perhaps if he were to kick the ref every time he was singled out it might make a point?

Jasonb   
7 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Tricky game this one, an Everton team on the up with Big Sam in charge, we're without Morata which means we'll go with the 3 up top again, leaving 2 in midfield which means we either play Fabregas and lose that battle or play Bakayoko who hasn't been the most convincing so far this season, at least not consistently.

We need to be so up for this if we're to have a chance and with this team, an early kick off close to Christmas, I just don't know if they will be. I hope they will, but I think Everton may well show more want in this one and that may get them a result or at least a draw.

Team will be:

Courtois

Azpi Christensen Cahill

Moses Kante Bakayoko Alonso

Pedro Hazard Willian

Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Ampidu, Zappacosta, Kenedy, Fabregas, Batshuayi

1-1 final score is my guess with a goal from one of our back 3

Like the look of that though would prefer Rudiger to Cahill and I think we will win.