• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Brighton 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Brighton at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Tuesday 26th December, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

By now we know the script - maximum three of Morata, Bats, Hazard, Willian, Fabregas and Pedro and 7 defensive players. 

Maybe one day Conte will actually try to play our best team and make sure we have back-ups to that starting XI. Until then, much more of the same I'm afraid. Maybe we will be lucky and actually win this game. Won't change anything in the grand scheme of things though. 

7 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Maybe one day Conte will actually try to play our best team and make sure we have back-ups to that starting XI. 

So Dave, how about for the sake of the discussion, you state what your version of 'our best team' is? 

18 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

So Dave, how about for the sake of the discussion, you state what your version of 'our best team' is? 

I don't think I'm alone thinking this, but since you asked;

Courtois; Azpi, Christensen, Cahill/Rudiger; Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Alonso; Willian, Morata, Hazard

with at least two AMs and two strikers on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I don't think I'm alone thinking this, but since you asked;

Courtois; Azpi, Christensen, Cahill/Rudiger; Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Alonso; Willian, Morata, Hazard

with at least two AMs and two strikers on the bench. 

I'd probably agree if it wasn't for the 2 in midfield - I think that we need 3 to cover Fabregas' defensive issues, so I'd probably drop Willian, and bring in Drinkwater. I'd want to get the best out of Cesc, and I think that's with him playing more forward.

3 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I'd probably agree if it wasn't for the 2 in midfield - I think that we need 3 to cover Fabregas' defensive issues, so I'd probably drop Willian, and bring in Drinkwater. I'd want to get the best out of Cesc, and I think that's with him playing more forward.

We already have 6 players to cover for Fabregas - three CBs, two FBs and a DM... 

How many more do you need? 

19 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

15 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

We already have 6 players to cover for Fabregas - three CBs, two FBs and a DM... 

And we won 2 titles with Fabregas in a CM pair.

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

And we won 2 titles with Fabregas in a CM pair.

Which has nothing to do with the here and now. If you haven't noticed that this season, he struggles in a 2 man midfield, then I'm not sure what you've been watching, tbh. Try to grasp that what I've said isn't a criticism of Fabregas - it's about maximising the effectiveness of the team. And for me, it's a;ways Fabregas with 2 deeper..

20 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Just the extra one in midfield, which frees up Fabregas to do what he does best.. Sorry, but I think that it's pretty obvious. If you don't, then fine.

Just now, Michael Tucker said:

Which has nothing to do with the here and now. If you haven't noticed that he struggles in a 2 man midfield, then I'm not sure what you've been watching, tbh. Try to grasp that what I've said isn't a criticism of Fabregas - it's about maximising the effectiveness of the team. And for me, it's a;ways Fabregas with 2 deeper..

At what cost? 

People are acting like we can't have a functional football team with more than three attacking players. 

Jose managed just fine with Fabregas, 3 AMs AND Costa. That's five... yet people are bending backwards to come up with reason to why Conte can't play with more than three. 

I call bullshit.