• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Brighton 0

kev61   
24 minutes ago, Ham said:

Haha. You're excused Kev. 

On the subject of Brighton you've still got to beat what's in front of you and we were pretty damn good in that second half I thought. 

I  appreciate your absolution but what about this fella Bakayoko?.He has to be the biggest waste of space since records of the biggest waste of started?

GURJ SS   

I'm going to wait until next season to see what Baka is about, I remember Lampard in his first season and it looked like £11M wasted. We've had formation changes that would have played a part and he's still young, Kante didn't have anywhere near the level of experience at the same age; we want to see out club invest and develop players yet moan when we have to show some patience. 

1 hour ago, GURJ SS said:

I'm going to wait until next season to see what Baka is about, I remember Lampard in his first season and it looked like £11M wasted. We've had formation changes that would have played a part and he's still young, Kante didn't have anywhere near the level of experience at the same age; we want to see out club invest and develop players yet moan when we have to show some patience. 

Agree 100%

7 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

I remember Lampard in his first season and it looked like £11M wasted. 

i think that your memory is playing tricks. Apart from the first few games, where Claudio seemed to think that Lamps was a right winger, he settled in pretty fast, and became a 'lock' selection on the left side of midfield. He never, ever looked like we wasted money on him.

6 hours ago, Sea foot said:

But but but people wanna moan!

Not at all. I'm quite excited about the fact that we potentially have another Lampard waiting to explode into life next season. 

GURJ SS   
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

I think that your memory is playing tricks. Apart from the first few games, where Claudio seemed to think that Lamps was a right winger, he settled in pretty fast, and became a 'lock' selection on the left side of midfield. He never, ever looked like we wasted money on him.

What I saw was a very basic average player who had PL experience which helped him settle into a team, a team with players who were better than him and didn't have the pressure of winning every game. He then went on to settle and over the years became the best we've had. Bakayoko isn't the finished product and we have to wait for him to settle.

If we wanted instant results, we'd have been better off with Nainngolan and Vidal. Even Man U have given a £89M signing a chance to settle. Patience is the key, Bakayoko isn't the reason we are not in the title race, it's the weakness and lack of options in attack.