• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Brighton 0

2 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Just the extra one in midfield, which frees up Fabregas to do what he does best.. Sorry, but I think that it's pretty obvious. If you don't, then fine.

If anything is obvious at this stage, it ought to be that you and (sadly) Conte are dead wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Jose managed just fine with Fabregas, 3 AMs AND Costa.

Fabregas' legs were 2 years younger then, and they're not getting any younger from here on in. I want him to be the best he can be for the team, and I don't understand why you're so against supporting the guy? Imo, playing him as 1 of 2 in midfield, is begging for him to fail.

3 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

If anything is obvious at this stage, it ought to be that you and (sadly) Conte are dead wrong. 

Why? Because you say so? 

12 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

At what cost? 

People are acting like we can't have a functional football team with more than three attacking players. 

Jose managed just fine with Fabregas, 3 AMs AND Costa. That's five... yet people are bending backwards to come up with reason to why Conte can't play with more than three. 

I call bullshit. 

es.  City manage with 1.  Liverpool with 2.  United with 2.  And they all play 2CBs mostly.  And 2 FBs that play just like our WBs (but are better).

7 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Fabregas' legs were 2 years younger then, and they're not getting any younger from here on in. I want him to be the best he can be for the team, and I don't understand why you're so against supporting the guy? Imo, playing him as 1 of 2 in midfield, is begging for him to fail.

I don't see how allowing him either a surplus CB or a third CM is not supporting the guy.  No one is asking to play the 4231 that we played with Oscar or JM plays with Man U.

You seem to want the 14/15 team with Oscar replaced by a CB and Willian with Bakayoko, and guess what, all you get is Fabregas's distribution with half the options to pass to.

Edited by Droy was my hero

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

es.  City manage with 1.  Liverpool with 2.  United with 2.  And they all play 2CBs mostly.  And 2 FBs that play just like our WBs (but are better).

Which, of course, has nothing to do with us having Fabregas, but don't let that stop you........

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

You seem to want the 14/15 team with Oscar replaced by a CB and Willian with Bakayoko, and guess what, all you get is Fabregas's distribution with half the options to pass to.

What? Did you actually read what I posted? Clearly not.

4 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

In that case you have understood incorrectly. I'm not against supporting Fabregas or any player on the team. I'm against making us a lot weaker for no reason though... That grates me a great deal. 

4 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Why? Because you say so? 

No, because the results say so. 

Well , Brighton are struggling to score so we'll probably throw one in for them and spend the rest of the time aimlessly passing the ball around going nowhere . Still , Morata is back so that's good 

I'm thinking 0_1 at half-time a Glen Murray tap in and 1-1 fulltime 89 minute Morata header.

We'll have thirty chances to score but Willian will pass when he should shoot , shoot when he should pass and do countless step overs on the edge of the area whilst giving the opposition time to regroup.

Pedro will hit every chance as hard as possible but inches high or wide and Ryan will play like Dr Octopus.

Hazard will be on every TV and radio show telling everyone how we CAN catch City and then work hard but achieve nothing other than looking great on the ball and being kicked up into the air.

Brighton will defend with ten men behind the ball for ninety nine percent of the game , we will camp on the edge of the box for the entire event and someone will complain we were too defensive.

• Haha 1

Fabregas is fine in a two man midfield, especially with Kante alongside him and 3 centre halfs. It's an absolute myth that he can't play there. How many games has he played in a two man midfield this season where we have been overrun?

Is he better in a three? Almost certainly so how about we play 433 and just get our best players on the pitch rather than picking a maximum of 3 attacking players and everybody blaming them for having to do everything themselves.