• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 5 Stoke City 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Stoke at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Saturday 30th December, 2017 (Local UK time/date).

I searched for the International politics thread, can't find it.  So here:

https://www.kawowo.com/2017/12/27/former-ac-milan-star-fifa-world-player-weah-wins-liberia-presidency/

Might be a little previous, but it looks like this will be the result

It is a dream come true for George Tawlon Manneh Oppong Ousman Weah after being voted as Liberia’s 25th head of state.

Congratulations

Edited by Droy was my hero

paulw66   

Musonda, Luiz, Christiensen all in training following injury / illness. 

Not sure I would expect any to start. I think he will go with:

Courtois, Rudiger, Azpi, Cahill, Kante, Baka, Alonso, Zappa (mixing it up), Hazard, Willian, Morata 

But I have a feeling Willian will be left out for Fabregas. My personal preference

Courtois, Rudiger, Azpi, Cahill, Kante, Cesc, Alonso, Zappa, Hazard, Willian / Pedro , Morata 

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

But I have a feeling Willian will be left out for Fabregas. My personal preference

Courtois, Rudiger, Azpi, Cahill, Kante, Cesc, Alonso, Zappa, Hazard, Willian / Pedro , Morata 

I'd hope that the choice of Bakayoko in the Willian/Pedro role was a big enough failure for Conte to want to move on.
I fear he'll move on by putting Drinkwater in the front 3 instead.  

I expect to see:

Courtois

Azpi Cahill Rudiger

Zappa Fabregas Kante Bakayoko Alonso

Hazard Morata

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Moses, Drinkwater, Pedro, Willian, Batshuayi

Scrappy 2-1 win

Rob B   

Be surprised if Christensen didn’t start if he was back in training today, and I’d also expect to see Moses over Zappa due to Stoke’s physicality 

29 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Be surprised if Christensen didn’t start if he was back in training today, and I’d also expect to see Moses over Zappa due to Stoke’s physicality 

Especially as Christensen was 'merely' ill rather than injured (heavy cold perhaps or nausea caused by smelling a mince pie close by?) 😉

• Like 1

Sciatika   

I avoided mince pies this year for exactly that reason. Is there a way to squeeze more sugar into a pie crust?

jones   

Yeah, expect Christensen to back in it for this one. He is also due a goal, would be a good way to round off his great year. Drinkwater could be given a rare start, although the FA cup is coming up soon and has his name written all over it. Think Conte will continue with Bakayoko, as we will need that extra big man in Stoke's box. Usual suspects-looking XI:

Courtois - Azpi Christensen Cahill - Moses Bakayoko Kante Fabregas Alonso - Hazard Morata

Courtois 

Azpilicueta  Christensen  Cahill

Moses  Drinkwater  Kante  Alonso

Fabregas

Hazard

Morata

Right now, this is our best lineup, imo.