• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Arsenal at Emirates Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Wednesday, 3rd January, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

Vinod   

Last season's game was one of the most bittersweet days of my life. Arsenal looked quicker and stronger than us and thoroughly outplayed us, but on the plus side our away fans were in great form and I got my photo taken with Zola. 

I hope, for a change, we treat a derby like a derby. Need some fire in the bellies. I definitely want English players and fighters on the XI. Cahill, Drinkwater and Azpi are a must. 

Rob B   

Might be my imagination, but we don’t seem to have done as well against Arsenal under Conte?   With Jose, 3 points were in the bag before a ball was kicked!

As for the game, obviously Hazard comes back in,  I would assume it will be up top with Morata, with Cesc coming back into a 3 man midfield. Hopefully Drinkwater retains his place as part of that.

Interesting to see if Christensen comes back in too - Azpi, Cahill and Rudiger have been good in the past few games. 

Conte will understand the match against Arsenal, at the Emirates, is Wednesday.  Chelsea will too.  Good times.

Sciatika   
9 hours ago, Rob B said:

Might be my imagination, but we don’t seem to have done as well against Arsenal under Conte?   With Jose Drogba, 3 points were in the bag before a ball was kicked

Slight change there.

• Like 2

Just watched Arsenal V WBA , I do hope whatever referee we get was watching Wilshire dive whenever he overran the ball , Mike  Dean fell for it every time .

Conte has a blind spot where Arsenal are concerned paying them far too much respect when they have a soft centre , we need to go for this and not sit meekly whilst they play their triangles around us .

We are a much better side than them , let's prove it.

Sea foot   

Happy New Year indeed. It's been a good period for us so we've got to take that winning mentality into their arena and pray hat the incessant booing of Fab4 will inspire the boys into giving them a good whooping. 

Have a good night boys and girls and a healthy 2018. 

C'mon you Blues!!!

Edited by Sea foot
Their for there again.

kev61   
56 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

and Jesus out for two months.

Wow didn't hear that news.Is Jose going back to Portugal to get his(big) head showered😀

59 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Wow didn't hear that news.Is Jose going back to Portugal to get his(big) head showered😀

Took me a while, Kev, but I got there in the end.........:).