• Current Donation Goals

Regarding Morata, it's a real shame because he's so good at everything else. His touch, movement, link up play, physicality, work rate and aerial ability are all top notch. Now if he could shoot and finish his 1v1's he'd be one of the top 3 strikers in the world. He needs to work on it but it's really costing us at the moment. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

Regarding Morata, it's a real shame because he's so good at everything else. His touch, movement, link up play, physicality, work rate and aerial ability are all top notch. Now if he could shoot and finish his 1v1's he'd be one of the top 3 strikers in the world. He needs to work on it but it's really costing us at the moment. 

I have to agree , I also seem to remember Costa missing a few one on ones at one point with various posts about him being more of an instinctive finisher than a natural goalscorer , I was horrified by his Arsenal performance , particularly the first miss when it looked easier to score but there is definitely something there.

3 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

Hopefully with 3 tries this month Conte will eventually realise that attack is the best form of defence, especially against Arsenal. I can only understand 3 in midfield away in Europe or against the Manchester teams and Spurs.

Also, if you're playing a 3 it makes no sense to me that Kanté and Fabregas sit deep, whilst Bakayoko or Drinkwater roam freely. It should always be Fabregas roaming given the options we have. Ideally we'd have a goalscoring no.8 playing ahead of Kanté and Fabregas but that's for the future.

Zappacosta or Moses is a tough one at the moment as Zappa is so hit and miss and needs to get us head up, whilst Moses seems solid but offers zero end product. I agree that he has no chance of playing as a winger anymore.

At least all the CBs, including Cahill, are playing well now.

Yes pretty much agree. Regards Bakayoko, I just assumed that he was always on a jolly up field, but maybe that was part of his role. I'm getting myself in a right mucking fuddle about what his role actually is and primarily what we bought him for. What he isn't IMO is a utility player like Essien who could comfortably play as a right back, centre back, DM or AM. He has nowhere near the same amount of talent. He needs a specific definite role, then he needs to learn how to play it.

3 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

1.  Hopefully with 3 tries this month Conte will eventually realise that attack is the best form of defence, especially against Arsenal. I can only understand 3 in midfield away in Europe or against the Manchester teams and Spurs.

2.  lso, if you're playing a 3 it makes no sense to me that Kanté and Fabregas sit deep, whilst Bakayoko or Drinkwater roam freely. It should always be Fabregas roaming given the options we have. Ideally we'd have a goalscoring no.8 playing ahead of Kanté and Fabregas but that's for the future.

3.  Zappacosta or Moses is a tough one at the moment as Zappa is so hit and miss and needs to get us head up, whilst Moses seems solid but offers zero end product. I agree that he has no chance of playing as a winger anymore.

4.  At least all the CBs, including Cahill, are playing well now.

1.  Even then I don't understand the 3.  Unless the WBs play very aggressively and ( parts of the last 2 games apart) they hardly ever do.

2.  Fabregas I think is best played deep - though the recent idea of playing Fabregas wide works too.  it gives him more options for his passing.  2 DMs make no sense in front of 3CBs (as Kante was repeatedly reminding Baka H1 at Arsenal).
Drinkwater is far more useful between the CMs and AMs than Baka I agree, though Willian (or Pedro) would be best.  Of all the things wrong with playing Baka instead of Willian in the No 8 positions, the craziest is that we lose Willian's ball winning abilities.
(And I' argue a No 8 position is the 1 in 4213, the Oscar position in 14/15, not the role we are talking about 352/343, which is more of a 10.)

3.  Yup.  Ironic isn't it.  But I still reckon that AM3 and AM4 earn more than starting RWB in most teams.  Regular starter now but demoted in the pecking order.

4.   Yes.  Not sure that Cahill was ever off.  But if we played 433 with 2 advanced FBs you'd expect the front 3 to look good and the CBs to struggle.  If we play 352 with WBs not very advanced, you'd expect the CBs to look very very comfortable.

Wenger gets a 3 game touch line ban, and he's also got more to come after his comments after the Chelsea game...

someone should remind him about the cup final, remember Sanchez playing rugby for their first goal, oh I forgot he didn't see it!

5 hours ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

Wenger gets a 3 game touch line ban, and he's also got more to come after his comments after the Chelsea game...

someone should remind him about the cup final, remember Sanchez playing rugby for their first goal, oh I forgot he didn't see it!

Good old Professor Big Nose. Yes he didn't notice the blatant handball / 3 yards off side goal at Wembley did he?  And yes it was a pen on Weds and yes Wiltshire should have been sent off. Now take your stupid penguin coat, eat some rotting fish and waddle off to the stands for a while. Twit.

15 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Good old Professor Big Nose. Yes he didn't notice the blatant handball / 3 yards off side goal at Wembley did he?  And yes it was a pen on Weds and yes Wiltshire should have been sent off. Now take your stupid penguin coat, eat some rotting fish and waddle off to the stands for a while. Twit.

Wenger is a class A knobb and everyone knows that always has been its just staggering the media still buy into his nonsense and think he is some kind of footballing professorial genius

52 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

Wenger is a class A knobb and everyone knows that always has been its just staggering the media still buy into his nonsense and think he is some kind of footballing professorial genius

To be fair, the last 3 or 4 years both press and their own fans have been incredibly obnoxious about Wenger too.

12 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

To be fair, the last 3 or 4 years both press and their own fans have been incredibly obnoxious about Wenger too.

"WENGER OUT" they were shouting from the stands in hysterical fashion last season. Then they win the FA cup and the bloke is a genius. How many were complaining  about him getting a new two year deal at that point? None. Probably arranged another open top bus tour of London with their FA cup. Although losing the FA cup took a bit of the shine off our season, Wenger getting a new deal from it made me laugh so much a little bit of wee came out.  

I will give him something though. Every time he looks dead in the water he manages to pull out a result that keeps him in his job. This hasn't happened once or twice but multiple times. Those are the easiest to please fans in the world (and they need to be). By contrast we have had 14 major trophies in the Roman era and can still moan like an angry old person taking cold soup back at their local cafe. 

Sciatika   

In their defence, being given cold soup at the cafe is worth getting angry at. There are times that I realise that if my feet and ears are warm I am halfway to Nirvana.