• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Norwich City 0 Chelsea 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our F.A. Cup 3rd Round match against Norwich City at Carrow Road, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30, Saturday, 6th January, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

paulw66   

Willy, Rudiger, Luiz (if fit), Ampadu (maybe), Zappa, Kenedy, Drinkwater, Fabregas, Willian, Pedro, Bats

I'd go...

Caballero

Ampadu Luiz Rudiger

Zappa Drinkwater Fabregas Kenedy

Pedro Morata Musanda

Subs: Eduardo, Christensen, Moses, Bakayoko, Willian, Bats

For me, getting Morata over the Arsenal game and back in to form is more important than allowing Bats (who is going to leave) more playing time. That is unless Morata was so poor with his finishing vs Arsenal because he was exhausted

I guess we really will find out if Luiz is staying or going in this team selection.  Especially if the UK move rumours are true as he won't want to be cup tied at Newcastle or Arsenal.
Same applies for Bats and Kenedy and Musonda (unless one is going abroad or a Championship team already out).  

I really want Bakayoko playing in this one.  Ideally in the Kante role which he has played quite well so that Drinkwater can show what he can do.

And how about Kasey Palmer starting - or at least on the bench?
(or might there be an issue about being registered to play at 3 clubs in a season if he goes on another loan?

paulw66   
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

And how about Kasey Palmer starting - or at least on the bench?
(or might there be an issue about being registered to play at 3 clubs in a season if he goes on another loan?

if he plays for us tomorrow, he stays with us for the rest of the season. 

33 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

if he plays for us tomorrow, he stays with us for the rest of the season. 

I'd like that.  But I think his best interests are in making 20 starts in the Championship.
thanks for the answer

More rotation for this, going with a 343. Important to get the win as a replay is the last thing we need.

Cabellero; Rudiger, Luiz, Ampadu; Zappa, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Kenedy; Willian, Michy, Musonda

Eduardo, Cahill, Sterling, Fabregas, Pedro, Hudson Odoi, Morata

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Conte takes this a bit more seriously and plays Cahill and Pedro ahead of Ampadu and Musonda.

David Luiz starts having been out since November and there is a place up front for Michy Batshuayi. 

Kenedy, who scored after 39 seconds of the most recent Chelsea game at Carrow Road is at left wing-back with Davide Zappacosta on the right, with Tiemoue Bakayoko and Danny Drinkwater in the centre of midfield. 

With Willian and Pedro also in the line-up, it appears Antonio Conte is opting for 3-4-3.   

Norwich make one change from their win here against Millwall on Monday. Defender Christoph Zimmermann comes in with striker Nelson Oliveira moved to the bench. 

Chelsea are expected to line up as follows:

Caballero; Rudiger, David Luiz, Cahill (c); Zappacosta, BakayokoDrinkwater, Kenedy; Willian, Batshuayi, Pedro.

Subs: Eduardo, Clarke-Salter, Ampadu, Sterling, Musonda, Hudson-Odoi, Morata.

Norwich are expected to line up as follows:

Gunn; Ivo Pinto, Hanley, Zimmermann, Klose, Lewis, Tettey, Trybull, Pritchard, Maddison, Murphy.

Subs: McGovern, Husband, Vrancic, Hoolahan, Watkins, Wildschut, Oliveira.

Today's referee is Stuart Attwell.

Luiz starts - which I suppose is a sign he is not off just yet.  
Quite a strong team, with 5 kids and Morata on the bench.  523 with Drinkwater should mean we have more than enough to bring the kids on by 60 mins.  Sterling and Hudson-Odoi are the ones to watch IMO.