• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Chelsea Sign Ross Barkley

Vinod   
14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

James was asking for "a manager who is a proven winner with a track record of blooding youth players. "

I overlooked the 'proven winner's part. My bad. That said, the only youngsters Wenger bred who won trophies for Arsenal was Ashley Cole. Fergie has a better track record of bringing in youngsters. Fact though is that, it was much easier to blood youngsters in 90s than it is now. The talent pool is wider, learning curve is steep, a  coach's attention is more divided and patience is lacking.

Great signing, he's fast, quick, has amazing feet and know what to do with them. Can't wait to see him in action.

Conte just said at his presser that Barkley cannot play in the FA Cup because by all accounts we signed him in the evening and not earlier during the day....WTF!!

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Phoenix Blue said:

Conte just said at his presser that Barkley cannot play in the FA Cup because by all accounts we signed him in the evening and not earlier during the day....WTF!!

Quite simple really. If you are not eligible for the original tie, you can't play in the replay.

He wasn't fit enough for the first game, and I don't suppose the club were focusing on a replay with Norwich 

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Quite simple really. If you are not eligible for the original tie, you can't play in the replay.

He wasn't fit enough for the first game, and I don't suppose the club were focusing on a replay with Norwich 

That makes it sound a lot more sensible - thanks

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Cheers mate!