• Current Donation Goals

25 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

Is Barkley any good or not?  I have lost track at this point.

I dunno , at this point I think we should try him as a striker like Everton are doing with Richarlison.

paulw66   
19 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I dunno , at this point I think we should try him as a striker like Everton are doing with Richarlison.

Because of his great goalscoring record???

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Because of his great goalscoring record???

No , because if he does lose the ball , it's miles away from where he can cause us damage. 

Boy you lot are harsh on Barkley, nonetheless I still think he is a talent and may be the one who can actually get goals from midfield.

47 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

Boy you lot are harsh on Barkley, nonetheless I still think he is a talent and may be the one who can actually get goals from midfield.

Agreed. It feels like Barkley is this seasons player to bash and no matter what he does, some just won't rate him.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this guy is going to be one of our best players this season necessarily, but I do think he can do a job for us and can be a more than solid backup/competition to Kovacic.

Let's get behind him and support him.

Sea foot   
36 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Agreed. It feels like Barkley is this seasons player to bash and no matter what he does, some just won't rate him.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this guy is going to be one of our best players this season necessarily, but I do think he can do a job for us and can be a more than solid backup/competition to Kovacic.

Yep!

• Like 1

Just so you know , I'm not bashing him , I like his effort and how hard he's trying and he's definitely going to improve .

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

This mate. 

Ross Barkley is a 24 year old attacking midfielder who's been a big fish in a small pond since he was 16. He has suffered injury problems throuhout his career (maybe poor diet, bad training) and if/when that is fixed (I have very high confidence in Chelseas medical department) then we may be able to see the true potential from Ross. 

He is now playing in a team where he can grow into the role because he isn't playing the main role. He's supporting cast and one with a point to prove. 

Personally I think Ross Barkley has been one of this seasons highlights (that's how low hopes I had this would pan out well for either party) together with Jorginho, David Luiz, Hazard and Rüdiger. At the moment I reckon he's CM4. There are some rumours flying about regarding RLC/Fabregas and should either leave that would mean Ross will be seeing plenty of minutes across the season. 

Staying injury-free and growing into the role at his own pace is exactly what he needs at the minute. I'm more than willing to give the lad the benefit of the doubt and see where this may take us. I think he may surprise a few. 

20 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Nothing to do with this at all.

Some people just don't rate him. Never have, and unless he becomes a completely different footballer overnight, never will.