• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Ross Barkley

kev61   
On 23/03/2019 at 0:36 AM, Ham said:

Jesus you're hard to please Kev.  I thought that was a fantastic performance.

You're right of course - but what about the mighty Ireland beating Gibralta?Roy Keane would be spinning in his grave if he were not alive.

Ham   

Continuing where he left off the other night. Really pleased for him as I've always thought he got undeserved stick on here. 

As I type he has two goals and an assist in  an accomplished all round performance. 

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

Continuing where he left off the other night. Really pleased for him as I've always thought he got undeserved stick on here. 

As I type he has two goals and an assist in  an accomplished all round performance. 

Looks to play with far more freedom for England and subsequently looks more confident and comfortable. Glad he's performed well also because I also think he gets singled out unfairly at times. 

3 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Looks to play with far more freedom for England and subsequently looks more confident and comfortable. Glad he's performed well also because I also think he gets singled out unfairly at times. 

Well done Marina.

His value is rocketing 

7 hours ago, Ham said:

Really pleased for him as I've always thought he got undeserved stick on here. 

I'm really pleased for him too (seriously, and impressed), but I know that most of the stick he received on here was thoroughly deserved when he received it.  He was either crap, or out injured most of the time, before and after we bought him. There's a lot of  history being re-written on here, atm, and I pray that he doesn't  do a fetlock again, and that his form continues, and maybe even improves as we go along.

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I'm really pleased for him too (seriously, and impressed), but I know that most of the stick he received on here was thoroughly deserved when he received it.  He was either crap, or out injured most of the time, before and after we bought him. There's a lot of  history being re-written on here, atm, and I pray that he doesn't  do a fetlock again, and that his form continues, and maybe even improves as we go along.

Agreed. A lot of football fans attach very vitriolic and personal attacks to criticism and Barkley never deserved that, but he has been a mostly nothing player for us all season and a couple of goals against Montenegro doesn't change that. 

I think he has it in him to contribute more here, especially going forward, hope he manages it. 

(Worth saying he gets a 'freedom' to at least play at Chelsea in 2019?)

Jasonb   

What I've noticed about Barkley is his intelligence and good set ball delivery. I wonder if he can take corners instead of Willian.

He is good at reading the attacking play and knowing where to position himself to take advantage.

I like the way when receiving the ball he can normally hold off his challenger and turn.

He lacks a bit of pace and makes the odd dud pass yet at £15m looks a bargain this season.

I don't think he has had any unfair criticism at all.

The fact is that since he joined us he has been ordinary, at best, at worst he looks completely out of his depth.

7 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I don't think he has had any unfair criticism at all.

The fact is that since he joined us he has been ordinary, at best, at worst he looks completely out of his depth.

In fairness , I get the distinct impression he feels he must adhere to  "the game plan" at all times when in the side and in doing so curtails his natural game somewhat , what I liked about last night's performance was the 'arriving late in the box and finding space to bang the ball home' part which we could severely do with . 

I think there is much more to come from Ross , if the coach allows it and to be honest I don't particularly feel that Barkely and CHO doing as well as they both did reflects enormously well on Sarri or his system.

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

In fairness , I get the distinct impression he feels he must adhere to  "the game plan" at all times when in the side and in doing so curtails his natural game somewhat , what I liked about last night's performance was the 'arriving late in the box and finding space to bang the ball home' part which we could severely do with . 

I think there is much more to come from Ross , if the coach allows it and to be honest I don't particularly feel that Barkely and CHO doing as well as they both did reflects enormously well on Sarri or his system.

I think how he played last night was exactly how Sarri wants him to but he's not up to it at the highest level.