• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Ross Barkley

20 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Quite.  Include a few of the loan army and our U21 team would beat Montenegro by 3 or 4.  We could even start Ampadu and CHO.  Hey Drinkwater and Cahill could get a game.

But the real message is that UEFA has to introduce Pre-qualifying rounds.  
To make England play 4 games against Montenegro and Kosovo is just stupid (And 2 PL weekends out of the calendar)
Italy have Cyprus, San Marino and lowly Scotland in the one group - 6 out of 10 games
Belgium have got Bosnia, Albania and Liechtenstein in one group.

Football gone mad (and all linked I guess to one vote per nation).

I don't think many of our Academy teams would have conceded to Montenegro.

The problem is that the expansion to 24 teams has made Euro qualifying (and the group stage of the tournament itself) a formality for big nations. 

Which is saying something because it was largely a formality to qualify in the previous format. 

All the big nations are now guaranteed to avoid each other, whereas in the old format there was a good chance of 2 or 3 good teams in a single group, fighting for 1 automatic place. 

FA Cup style pre-qualifying wouldn’t help unless the format was changed back to 16 teams. But UEFA wouldn’t do that, the qualifying rounds being a formality is exactly what they want, they don’t want anymore scenarios where big nations miss out. 

For me the bigger problem is the 24 team format making the group stage a joke. If they are dead set on the expansion then they should bump it up to 32 teams, at least then the tournament format can be redeemed. 

58 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

All the big nations are now guaranteed to avoid each other, whereas in the old format there was a good chance of 2 or 3 good teams in a single group, fighting for 1 automatic place. 

It really is tedious, and of course since only TV stations with no CL or EL cover it, it gets built up as meaningful.  We are gong to have to wait until they realise these tournaments get no viewers till the last 8.

Bison   

My word.  I genuinely hate seeing this guy play - he is the most frustrating player in football. Cannot wait until he is moved on.

Mason Mount is 5 years younger and is comfortably the better player.

Jasonb   

Wouldn't be surprised if at the end of this season he goes out on loan.

He is skilful and can hold the ball yet his movement is too slow about the pitch.

paulw66   
21 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Wouldn't be surprised if at the end of this season he goes out on loan.

He is skilful and can hold the ball yet his movement is too slow about the pitch.

God forgot to give him a brain, sadly.