• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Ross Barkley

Saw quotes from Bill Kenwright (Everton chairman) to say that we acted immaculately during the process and that he had concerns over the manner of the transfer. Their owner also said for Kenwright to get a bid of £35m in the summer for an injured player with a year left was 'miraculous' so £15m sounds the more realistic sum than the £35m. I believe these quotes were all from the Everton AGM last night. Sounds like sour grapes from a fan with a platform.

Another article reporting the agent fee said that the agent said 'in private' the fee was nowhere near £7m.

Everton owner also said that during contract negotiations with Barkley two summers ago his agent, who also had Stones as a client, said that Barkley would re-sign if they allowed Stones to move to us. He also confirmed that Lukaku had wanted to sign for us for two summers before moving to United, apparently during contract negotiations with Everton Lukaku called his mother who was on a pilgrimage to Africa and a witchdoctor had told her that he must return to Chelsea. As bizarre as all this sounds they are direct quotes from the owner.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'd thought Pochettino had won nothing as a manager, but apparently I'm wrong.  Wikipedia says:

Premier League Manager of the Month: October 2013, September 2015 February 2016, April 2017[

Brilliant!

Made my day reading that. 

1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Saw quotes from Bill Kenwright (Everton chairman) to say that we acted immaculately during the process and that he had concerns over the manner of the transfer. Their owner also said for Kenwright to get a bid of £35m in the summer for an injured player with a year left was 'miraculous' so £15m sounds the more realistic sum than the £35m. I believe these quotes were all from the Everton AGM last night. Sounds like sour grapes from a fan with a platform.

Another article reporting the agent fee said that the agent said 'in private' the fee was nowhere near £7m.

Everton owner also said that during contract negotiations with Barkley two summers ago his agent, who also had Stones as a client, said that Barkley would re-sign if they allowed Stones to move to us. He also confirmed that Lukaku had wanted to sign for us for two summers before moving to United, apparently during contract negotiations with Everton Lukaku called his mother who was on a pilgrimage to Africa and a witchdoctor had told her that he must return to Chelsea. As bizarre as all this sounds they are direct quotes from the owner.

It seems Lukaku is somewhat upset at the new Iranian owner claiming that he left Everton because of a "voodoo" message via his mum.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42630016

Barca  spends  142 mil on one player in the Jan window. Too much? hell Yeah.

We go on to spend 15mil on who can be rightly be a bit-part player ; till his friends and family start talking to the media on " how we ruined his England career by not playing him enough".

Sidwell and Parker come to mind.

Shows our intent, really to compete in Europe. I think.  The club gives me confusion-headaches.

Ham   
1 hour ago, earthshine said:

Barca  spends  142 mil on one player in the Jan window. Too much? hell Yeah.

We go on to spend 15mil on who can be rightly be a bit-part player ; till his friends and family start talking to the media on " how we ruined his England career by not playing him enough".

Sidwell and Parker come to mind.

Shows our intent, really to compete in Europe. I think.  The club gives me confusion-headaches.

The only way we could possibly compete is if the club finally bit the bullet and sold the naming rights to SB to a sympathetic oligarch. 

Let's consider the sponsorship is truly worth, say, £50m a year, maybe we could ask the sponsor to give us, say, £250m a year. After all, the don't actually have to give us the money. They just have to say they did and we have to agree that they gave us the money. 

Then we could move on to the naming rights to the training ground (£250m again) and the U23/ladies ground in Wimbledon (probably only get £100m). 

Works for ADFC of Manchester and QFC Paris. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

The only way we could possibly compete is if the club finally bit the bullet and sold the naming rights to SB to a sympathetic oligarch. 

Let's consider the sponsorship is truly worth, say, £50m a year, maybe we could ask the sponsor to give us, say, £250m a year. After all, the don't actually have to give us the money. They just have to say they did and we have to agree that they gave us the money. 

Then we could move on to the naming rights to the training ground (£250m again) and the U23/ladies ground in Wimbledon (probably only get £100m). 

I am sure you are right in what you say; Naming rights is a thing to consider and has been debated here before. I just don't think we are their as yet. I think its matter of conceding this season, and focusing on next year already. Forget  ManC, we  dropped points as soon as United dropped points. So many chances but we failed to capitalize. Not by much but  we should be ahead of United by now. Conte cannot be blamed for our flimsy squad size.  We simply lack Match winners with the exception of Hazard and Fabregas. Others are too hit and miss or short of a few seasons maturity.

In either case we are short in quality and quantity to compete for > 60 matches a season. With a record turnover I would expect some immediate changes but it seems we have made our intentions clear. I suppose most/all of this has been discussed before.

9 minutes ago, earthshine said:

I am sure you are right in what you say; Naming rights is a thing to consider and has been debated here before.

I don't think RA wants to break FFP.  He wants the club to pay for itself now.  Right now Chelsea are on the inside, if not among the 4 biggest natural earners (RM, BM, Barca, MU) and the Status quo would suit us fine.

Ham   
14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't think RA wants to break FFP.  He wants the club to pay for itself now.  Right now Chelsea are on the inside, if not among the 4 biggest natural earners (RM, BM, Barca, MU) and the Status quo would suit us fine.

And by writing the blank cheque that is naming rights, we don't. 

How does Sibneft Bridge sound? 

Edited by Ham

2 hours ago, Ham said:

agreed and it will come.

Maybe players should be tatooed with company names....just joking or not if they are Henna and come off after a while. I note some teams now have sleeve sponsors

17 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

agreed and it will come.

Maybe players should be tatooed with company names....just joking or not if they are Henna and come off after a while. I note some teams now have sleeve sponsors

Unless I've had a very weird dream at some point, I'm pretty sure when watching some foreign games that some clubs have sold ad space on the backs of shorts.